Security Questions

anon_private
Contributor
Contributor

I supplied a couple of security questions.

However, I have logged into my PayPal account on a few occasions since but have not been challanged with these questions. I only need my email address and password.

How are these security questions used?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you forget your password then they prompt you for answers to your security questions to regain and reset a password.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

anon_private
Contributor
Contributor

When I set upthe account I did not receive an email message!

Further, I have tried to verfy my email address, but a message has not arrived.

I repeated the procedure, again a message has not arrived.

Please advise

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

1. Have you entered your email address correctly? Even a misplaced dot or an i instead of an l will make a difference.

2. Check your spam folder.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

anon_private
Contributor
Contributor

No messages are in my Inbox or Spam folder.

I am sure that entered the correct information. Iwill check my PayPal account

Login to Me Too

anon_private
Contributor
Contributor

I checked my PayPal email address and it is correct.

I found another button that allows me to confrim my email address. I clicked and checked my email account. I found a message in my Inbox which allowed me to verfiy the account. My account email now reads Primary and nothing else. I assume that it is now verfied. The email also talked of adding card details. I already added a debit card!

When I first applied, I was given the opportunioty to protect my bank account by adding details. I did not understand this statement!

I assume that I can now purchase using my debit card. I have not entered my bank details separately.

Thank you for you interest.

Best wishes.

Ps. I do not understand why my original efforts to confim my email address failed! I hope that Iam now established with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

anon_private
Contributor
Contributor

I noticed these instrctions regarding verification.

Bearing in mind that I have given debit card details, do I need to do any of the below:

I do not see any reason to set up a direct debit, and the debit card is linked to my account.

'Getting verified. We only ask you for essential information when you sign up to PayPal. But as you transact with us, we are under a legal obligation to know more information about you. Once you have completed our verification processes, you can send or receive amounts beyond initial limits we have placed on your account.

Complete Direct Debit Agreement. We are legally required to ensure that you complete the Direct Debit Agreement in order to link your bank account to your PayPal account for instant purchases and bank transfers.

Set up bank funding. This proves that you control the bank account and it helps to protect you and the PayPal network'.

Login to Me Too

anon_private
Contributor
Contributor

Under Credit Cards, I have my debit card details and do not want to add a card.

If I click on 'Complete Verification', will this act verfiy my address?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you are buying and not selling there is no need to verify yet.

When you verify they want you to add a bank account etc but that is normally for sellers.

As long as you verified the card you added to your paypal account you are fine, and paypal call both debit and credit cards credit cards so that can be confusing.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

anon_private
Contributor
Contributor

OK,

So.

'Under Credit Cards, I have my debit card details and do not want to add a card.

If I click on 'Complete Verification', will this act verfiy my address?'

I need to click on 'Complete Verification' to validate my debit card.  Am I correct?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.