Scam western union money transfer

harrietgriffey
New Community Member

This is definalty a scam:

The money does not go into your paypal account until you have payed the agent with your own money - WATCH OUT!

I was just about to make t he payments when i had this little problem with the picking up of the item , I am currently on sea and i am buying the item  for my Dad a s i explained earlier on and i tried to book pick up with my pick up agent, but they asked me to pay first before they can make the booking, and they only acceptwestern union money transfer for payments and they don't accept PayPal and I tried to send the money online but i couldn't and I am on sea and there is no way i can find a western union agent to make the transfer to my pick up agent, so i wanted to ask if it was OK for me to include my pick up agent's fees in the payments I am about to send through Bank Transfer.  my pick up agent charged 200 plus insurance and all of that, please can i include their money in the payments I want to send then after i have made the payments you will help me forward the 200 to my pick up agent through western union money transfer, this I would have done myself and not bother you but the for the fact that I am currently on sea, so after I have made the payments you will help me send 200 to my pick up agent through western union money transfer, I just wanted to seek your consent before going ahead with the payments,I will more than appreciate if you mail me back, and I will be making the payments shortly.

PS:the shipping company's Head quarters and any pick up fees to be paid is sent to their head quarters by the payee, so the money for pick up will be sent to their head quarters  through western union money transfer(this can be done from any post office)western union or money grams..

Regards
Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Heartszoom
New Community Member

Hello! Sorry to hear about your plight with paypal and receiving what you want without getting the huge bill.

I am trying to send my paypal money to myself because of bank so called problems. How do I send myself money from paypal to western union?

Heartszoom

Login to Me Too

myosciur
New Community Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I got almost caught with this one, we talked pretty much the whole evening with some ELizabeth Norris. I am highly suspicious when somebody wants to buy things from me so fast. (She came to me through Etsy shop, I use PayPal payments over there)

" I am about to make the payment when i had this little problem with the picking up of the Item, I think you remember what I said in my previous mail that I'm working presently on the sea,so i tried to secure booking with my pick up agent, but they asked me to pay first before they can make the booking,and they only accept Western Union Money. Transfer for payments and they don't accept PayPal or bank transfer.

So I tried to send the money online but it's not going through and I am on the sea there is no way I can find a western union agent to make the transfer to my pick up agent, so i wanted to ask if it will be OK for me to include my pick up agent's fees together with your payments through PayPal,So you will help me wire the pick up fee to them via western Union Money Transfer immediately i pay you.I don't mean to bother you I'm sure you understand that I'm presently on the sea and there is nothing i can do to that.The bottom line is after I have made the payments via PayPal,you will help me wire my pick up agent fee to them through western union money transfer, I just wanted to seek your consent before going ahead with the payments, I will be very happy if my offer is given a favorable consideration, Respond as soon as possible so that I can send out you Payment.

Regards.

"

I got this letter at the end of the conversation and I got lucky to finally find a match in the google so I could be sure it's a junk mail. Huh 🙂 WATCH OUT!

Login to Me Too

sebasjarapa
New Community Member

I am talking to  "Elizabeth" at the moment!!!! i got very suspicious when she told me if i could wire transfer the money and after a google search i came to this blog! thank you!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

abendigolove
Contributor
Contributor

So am I ....

I had a bad feeling from the off, so I strung it out abit, by bumping up the price, and she still wanted to buy the item even though I had more than doubled the cost.

The give away was

the new account on etsy

refusal to use Etsy in any transaction 

bad English

at sea

agent use of

I can`t repeat what I have written best to say its BLUE

Login to Me Too

maximiliane123
New Community Member

omg! I was shocked when i saw this!!!!!!

I'm on dawanda.de, i'm in germany. And a guy with the name "justin brian" wanted to buy the shoes i sell there.

AND I GET THE SAME TEXT!!!!!!!!!

"

>Hello, I am about to send the payment to your PayPal account and as I have told you that i have a shipper that will come for the pick up of the item from you, but the shipper do not use PayPal, all they use is Western Union to pay them and i am trying to
> send the money online but it's not going through and I am on the sea there is no way i can find a western union agent to make the transfer to my pick up agent, so i wanted to ask if it will be OK for me to include my pickup agent's fees together with your payments through PayPal, so you will help me wire the pick up fee to them via Western Union Money Transfer immediately i pay you.I do not mean to bother you I 'm sure you understand that I'm presently on the sea and there is nothing i can do to that. The bottom line is after I have made the payments via PayPal, you will help me wire my pick up agent fee to them through western union money transfer, I just wanted to seek your consent before going ahead with the payments, I will be very happy if my offer is given a Favorable consideration. Respond as soon as possible so that i can send out
> your payment.Thanks.

what shall I tell him???????
So now i'm SHURE I will not go to western union to pick up money for an pick up agent!!!!!!
Thank You so much!!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi maximiliane123

Tell him 2 words, if you dont speak french then 1 word will do NO

Login to Me Too

rmcg1234567
New Community Member

Hi All,

I just got the same scam attempt, pretty much verbatum.  Follow up emails were not cut and pasted by the scammer, they were actually written by a human.  Wacky!  The maximum money being discussed was abut $200.  Seems like a lot of effort for petty change.  Watch out.

Message Content from Gloria Labrado

I was just about to make the payments when i had this little problem with the picking up of the item, as i explained earlier that i am on sea and i tried to book pick up with my pick up agent, but they asked me to pay first before they can make the booking, and they only accept western union money transfer for payments and they don't accept pay pal or bank transfer and I tried to send the money online but i could not and I am on sea and there is no way i can find a western union agent to make the transfer to my pick up agent, I'll like to know if i can be able to entrust those funds in your possession you'll be sending them the funds, so i wanted to ask if it was okay for me to include my pick up agent's fees in the payments I am about to send through PayPal,my pick up agent charged $210 plus insurance and all of that,this I would have done myself and not bother you but for the fact that I am currently on sea Please let me know as soon as possible.I will more than appreciate if you mail me back, and I will be making the payments shortly.

PS:the shipping company's Head quarters is in usa and any pick up fees to be paid is sent to their head quarters by the payee, so the money for pick up will be sent to their head quarters in usa through western union money transfer(this can be done from any post office) or you can do it online at www.western union.com

Thanks

Gloria Labrado
glorialabrado (at) aol.com

Login to Me Too

MuscleCarShot
New Community Member

Gloria is up to it again. She has less than stellar english and must copy and paste her emails. They are identicle to what is already on this forum. She wants to buy a vintage untitled truck from me as a present to her something or other.

I told her I need to send her an invoice through paypal and all emails must go back and forth through that email account. Also she must tell me who is picking up the truck, when, and who is the truck being delivered to and where. I suspect she will give me some reason why she cannot do this.

Seems most of the scams I am getting now are from "people in the military", as if military personel are the only people who purchase stuff sight unseen while on deployment, and have virtually no access to their bank accounts.

First email with vehicle type in header, with price clearly posted.

I want to buy this item,and need to know how much are you asking for it? and please i can only pay using paypal,and after payments has been made i will arrange for pick up of the item.You can email me

Gloria Labrado

My reply:

Subject: RE: 1957 57 chevy chevrolet truck 3600 dually listed on.

Seems odd that you looked at the listing and didn't see the price. What is the vehicle you were looking at?

She told me she knew the price but wanted to be sure of it. No response as to what vehicle as I have more than one for sale. Then she sends me this email after another respone from me refusing to give her my paypal email address.

Thanks for the prompt response.I am a marine engineer and at this moment i am presently working offshore,i am OK with the price and i will love to make an instant purchase, I am located in Weslaco, TX.so please do withdraw the advert from the site.I don't mind adding an extra $20 dollars for you to take the advert down from the site so that i can be rest assured that am in hand of the item ,I am buying the item  as a gift for my brother, I want to surprise him. I don't have access to my bank account on-line as i don't have internet banking,but i have my bank account attached to my PayPal account and this is why i insisted on paying you through PayPal, kindly get back to me with your PayPal details if you don't have PayPal account yet,it is very easy to set up at your bank and get it set up,after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through so i can proceed with the payment and after the payment has been done, i have a pick up agent that will come around for verifications and to pick the item  after i have made the payments for the item .So I will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the making of the payment

.1.Your PayPal full name.
2.Your PayPal Email Address.
3..Your phone number.

Once again ,I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping. I will have my pick-up agent come over as soon as you have receive the payment confirmation.Do Have a nice day,

My Best Regard...

I have sent her 2 links to paypal scam forums for her reading pleasure.

Login to Me Too

Pabreu
Contributor
Contributor

This one was send to me!

Thank you so much!!

"Thanks for getting back to me.I will like to ask you the following
questions, So I can proceed with these purchasing the item from
you.Are you the real owner Item?How much is the final asking price
Item?I am an Oceanographer and am currently on sea at the momen ,I
will be glad to hear back from you. I have a shipper that will come
over for the pick up, So you don't needs bother of the shipment.Where
is the exact location for the pick up? So that I can contact the pick
up agent with your location to know how much it will cost me for the
pick up,the pick up agent still have some other stuffs to pick up for
me,Get back to me as soon a possible so that the payment can be made
to you, I will be looking forward to hear back from you Asap. Also,
you are to get back to me with your Pay Pal email address and your
cell Phone with your full name as you have it on Pay Pal. and I will
be happy if you can consider the Item sold to me  I am having a
problem paying the pick up agent that is coming for the item pick up
from you because they are only requiring their charges through western
union and i am unable to do that here, I want to include their fee
along with your item cost price and make the crediting to your paypal
account so you can be able to take the pickup agent fee and send it to
them through western union. Hope you understand what i mean now?.

Best Regard,Morgan"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.