Scam warning !!

arcacia24
Contributor
Contributor

I have also just received a scam email, after advertising some furniture on ebay I was contacted by Nicola Brown who said she was working on an oil rig but wanted to buy the unit ure for someone who really needed it the total was £850 but she said she had put £1270 into PayPal and I was to send £400 cash to money gram to pay the courier, the email was almost word for word the same as was the spoof confirm at ion I recited from PayPal,  I was suspicious from the start as it Al,  seemed too good to be true, so all of you out there be very careful of these lowlife people ....

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

Suggs
Contributor
Contributor
I have also been approached on this by Anna Jose, who also apparently works on an oil rig. Wanting £400 cash for the courier Wetern Union. I have also received notifications apparently from Pay pal confirming funds are on hold and then one about legal action, having looked in the activity of my account there is none at all. Beware!!
Login to Me Too

Scorch13

sadly I have been taken in by this horrible person, have learnt a hard lesson, hopefully have not lost any money. You hear about these scum people but am still shocked! Thank you for at least putting my mind at rest....I felt bad at feeling suspicous!!

Login to Me Too

simon-field
New Community Member

Had exact same with Keith Aidan.

Gave him my PayPal details but thankfully realised once I received an email from PayPai that this wasn't legit!!

Login to Me Too

Ruthie167
Yes the total scumbag tried it with me . Got a little suspicious with the offshore crap then googled anna jose so thanks to you guys I wasn't caught out. Hope the scummy greedy **bleep** die a long suffering painful death!!
Login to Me Too

jnews
New Community Member
Yes, Anna Jose is still at it as per earlier posts. Too good to be true response to my ad on Gumtree. As soon as I googled her name, PayPal Community page popped up at top of list warning of scam. Great work everybody.
Login to Me Too

Ainyanun

It happened to me today!!!

I received sms asking to contact her about the dresses and coats I sell at GumTree and Shpock.

Lucky that I haven't proceed yet the deal.

Thanks for sharing about the scam.

Really appreciate your helps.

Login to Me Too

Paula50

Used Gumtree yesterday for first time - got a text from Stella asking me to email her - used exactly the same format/spiel as others describe under different name tags.  Alarm bells immediately rang so I responded thanking her for her enquiry but that it sounded like a scam so no thank you.  Then I googled and came across numerous warnings.  Annoying that I waste time responding to such people, but even more maddening that other trusting souls are conned.   Be aware and always check things out - don't exchange money or goods unless you are 100% certain its genuine. 

Login to Me Too

dave1746
Contributor
Contributor

Had the same scam from stellawayne, works on an oil rig etc etc.. unfortunately we all have to be vigilant about scammers and report any suspicious information, this one raised my suspicion from the first communication as the grammar and english was similar to other scams i've seen recently

and when I pinged the IP address of stellawayne it used a relay trail orignating in eastern europe. 

Make sure you add to this community and keep pressurising paypal/ebay/gumtree to keep improving their safeguards to minimise the occurance of scams.

Login to Me Too

Smiffffy333

Thanks everyone I'm SO glad I checked and googled this guys name and scam! Ive just been contacted by Keith (Edited by moderator), the whole thing just didn't sit right. I'm so glad I followed my gut. Just blocked him! Be careful people and keep posting about these low lifes!

Login to Me Too

Smiffffy333
Thanks everyone I'm SO glad I checked and googled this guys name and scam! Ive just been contacted by Keith Aidan, the whole thing just didn't sit right. I'm so glad I followed my gut. Just blocked him! Be careful people and keep posting about these low lifes!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.