RE: Selling on gumtree paypal scam

Paula2
New Community Member

Hi had the same this morning 6.30am that they are happy to buy at price given,,can you email your paypal email so they can make swift payment....sounded all good..till the third email, 

I am glad to inform you that i have made the payment! PayPal said that they have sent you a confirmation email so kindly check the inbox of your email 
      I had a little problem with the agent they said they can only schedule the pick up date and time after they receive their pick up **bleep** up and £40 for the moneygram charges, you will receive the total sum of £695. 
    You'll send £260 to them via moneygram today and here is the details needed for the transfer below:

Name: 
City: 
Post Code: 

Please let me know once you've sent the money so that i can make necessary arrangements.

Yep this one ive got to make arrangments ...never heard that ....Plus they might be in a wheel chair but the brain still working.... i had a look online to find out more and found this site ....so many ....they are not responding  to my emails now lol ...but have wasted my time.  Please dont fall for the wheelchair or cant hear they found you so not that stupid. This one uses name of  
Name:
City: 
Post Code: 

Hope this helps stay safe xx 🙂 
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Paula2

Can you edit your post and remove the name and addy details. The reason is that scammers use innocent parties contact info and accounts and you may well be posting an innocent persons name on this public board.

The fact they don't want to have your item only scam you of the western union payment means they can use any address as it does not matter.

This scam has been ongoing for years and is all over the net and this forum.

Just remember >>>

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Post edited to comply with Community guidelines

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Jessica

@Paula2

Shame the poster didn't do that hours ago to remove an innocent parties name and addy details.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.