Problems logging into my previous account - strange situation.

Dean2012
Contributor
Contributor

Okay so I've recently set up an E-Bay account and created a Paypal account but when I went to link my debit card to it, I was informed I already had a Paypal account set up. 

So I tried to recall the email address I used and logged in, only to see the following message.
Security Measures

We are currently performing regular maintenance of our security measures. Your account has been randomly selected for this maintenance, and you will now be taken through a series of identity verification pages.
Protecting the security of your PayPal account is our primary concern, and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Credit Card Information
Now I'm straight away unsure as to why Paypal want me to type my [entire] card number on here and I know it's Paypal as it's coming straight from Paypal.com/uk -- The thing is I don't own EITHER card which is apparently linked to this previous account anymore and the card I'm trying to register is not showing up with this account.
What can I do about this??!!?
Also just to point out, I've tried going to the "Call us" part but no phone numbers are showing up... 
Thanks for any help you can give me!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_lucy

Hey there Dean2012,

If the last four digits of the card showing do not belong to you then your bets option might be to contact Customer service.

If you still have access to the email address the agent can sent you an email while on the phone to help you reset the password.

If you don't, they will go through the other options to get you into your account other than the phone and card verification.

Do get back and let us know how you get on.

Phone: 08707 307 191

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_lucy

Hey there Dean2012,

If the last four digits of the card showing do not belong to you then your bets option might be to contact Customer service.

If you still have access to the email address the agent can sent you an email while on the phone to help you reset the password.

If you don't, they will go through the other options to get you into your account other than the phone and card verification.

Do get back and let us know how you get on.

Phone: 08707 307 191

Login to Me Too

Dean2012
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there,

Thank you very much! I contacted them and everything was settled; brilliant!

Thanks again! 🙂

-D2012

Login to Me Too

DrBio
New Community Member

I was given moneys for work done for someone in the UK and somehow I got signed up for an UK account. I am in the US and cannot access anyone to help straighten things out. Is there a human being that can assist me. I would like to get everything transfered over but I cannot due to all the automated responces-that don't lead anywhere.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Your best option in a case like this might be to open an account in the USA, send yourself a personal transfer from the UK account and then close the UK account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.