Pending Transaction from Dubai

fredericktcw
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email from pay-pal_transferintls.com about an pending transaction with amount of MYR 9,000 from a customer with following details:

Name:NATARAJA HOWARD
City:Deira
State:Dubai
Zip code:375851
Tel:+971559907360
Address:25,Building,Deira Main Business Centre Baniyas Street,Dubai
Email:GlobalCourierExchange_rocketship.com

Please kindly advice me about this pending transaction. 

I have received another email which is title "LEGAL ACTION **** AWAITING THE WESTERN UNION CONFIRMATION ****FBI" when I am late reply concerning about the pending transaction. Please kindly advice me on this issue also.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Or if the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the agent via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you. They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Or if the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the agent via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you. They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fredericktcw
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. This help me a lot.

Login to Me Too

K1mza
New Community Member

Yes, i found out too that this was a scam.

Never trust them!

Here's scammers message under the name of "John Mike"

have just completed the Payment and i am sure you have received confirmation from PayPal... I want you to confirm the pick up address so that the pick up can be arranged, the merchandise would be picked up after you have gotten your money by World Wide Courier  which I've been using for a while and they're very reliable. I made an extra payment €350.00 EUR and i am sure you noticed that, you'll have to send the extra amount to the Shipping Company Headquarters through Western Union right away for the Pick Up Fees... This can be done from the post office, as they usually have a western union outlet there. Here is the info needed to send the money through Western Union...

Name: Smith Shawn
City: Deira
State: Dubai
Postal Code: 375851

I am sure you have all my name and address for all documentations regarding the merchandise, and all other documentations should be prepared by my Pick Up Agent.I advice you to check both your inbox or junk/spam folder for the payment confirmation message.. It's Nice Doing Business With You. Get to mail me back soon with your confirmed Pick Up Address...

Pretty scethcy, ain't it?
Login to Me Too

Kamara
New Community Member

please help me, I think that this is a scam. English too I can't and therefore, I would like to be sure than somewhere I'll send the money    I have to pay 450 Euro for this carrier, and I'm worried that this is a scam.

Name: N**ashi Abdu***hi Um**
City: Deira
State: Dubai

Zip Csode: 37**51
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Kamara, 

Please do not send any funds. Again, these emails are not from PayPal. Please forward to spoof@paypal.com & let us know if you need any further help.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.