Paypal has hijacked my money for no reason, but promise to handle complaint in 4-8 weeks?!

GreenWall
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have had a limited access to my account for two months and Paypal claims that there is some account information missing. I have given all details (passport, exaple invoices etc.) several months ago but they still claim someting is missing.

The most Strange part is that I cannot give any more information at Resolution center, even if I would like to. All the information is already marked as accepted there. This is how they inform that my account access is limited and more information is needed:

more info needed.jpg

But when I try to solve issue and give the missing information (?) I get this page saying that all information is already there:

resolution center.jpg

I cannot give any more information, but account still stays at Limited status!!! I Cannot withdraw or send any money from my account.

Is this happening to others?

I had to make a formal compalaint about the issue to Paypal and got return information that complaint will be handeled in 4-8 weeks. It seems that until that I have no access to withdraw money from my account! I still can put more money there...

Is My money is hijacked by Paypal, or what is going on here?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

When we request additional information we normally notify you what that additional information is. If you did not receive the email I recommend contacting our customer service on freephone 0800 358 7911 who can assist you directly.

-David R

Login to Me Too

GreenWall
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have got several automated e-mails from Paypal asking me to go to Resolution center and give more information. When I am entering to the Resolution Center I get imediattely "Thank You" -note for giving All information, Without actually even having possibility to add any information there. 

There seems to be somekind of never ending Loop on going at my account: Request information + Thank You note, but there is no possibility to give more information. 

Due to this technical mistake you have with Paypal service I do not have access to my money there. Same situation has been on going now for two months. How would you feel if bank would deny your access to your bank account for two months, because they have some technical problem?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @GreenWall

Apologies for the delay and sorry to hear this is ongoing. Generally, when you see this in the Resolution Centre it means you have provided information, however something either has not been accepted or we need a little more from you for verification reasons. Please make sure you are checking your emails as this is how we will communicate with you. If you have supplied additional information you should be updated within 72 hrs.

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.