Paypal* <removed> LU

lemon-coffee
New Community Member

I believe I am not the first one have this issues. An unrecogonized transaction £194.49 has been taken from my bank account with the description "Paypal Chinateleco LU". When I contacted the customer serivce, the staff sounds knows this situation very well. But when I asked why so many people have his issue, she answered: "I have no idea. We have to trace and check." Repeat over and over again! 

I registed my paypal in 2011 and have never used it for shopping, and not even login to my account for ages. I cannot remember my password, and have to change a new one today to longin and check my transaction history. However the customer service lady said I modified my paypal account on 1st June which was exactly the date of the strange transaction! 

Furthermore, I used my Natwest bank to register, but the trasaction was taken from my Santandar account! How can Paypal get my Santandar details, as I did not add or modify my profile? Even if someone stole my card which is still in my walt safely, how can he get into my paypal account so easily, and modify my information? And when I logon to my account, all details are still the same? This is very unormal, and I need a expaination! How can paypal make this happen so many times on your customer? How can I trust you again? 

Dear paypal staffs, please do not say you are not ware of this situation happens again and again! Search "<removed>" and you will find how long the result list will be! 

Login to Me Too
76 REPLIES 76

constantine1978
Contributor
Contributor

hello

i had 3 unknown transactions from this <removed> and i don't know who is.

what did you do about that?

do you know who is?

thank you

Login to Me Too

Cookiecol1
New Community Member

It was a sit down electric pedal machine for disabled people. PayPal took out of my bank on 25th February 2017 £59.95 I have not received my item yet. Could you please resolve this situation for me Thanks

Login to Me Too

kevm66

Just got a bank statement and £59.99 taken !  Filed complaint wit paypal.   Waiting to hear from them

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Kevm66.

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear what has happened on your account recently.

If you have not yet received an update on this, can you please reach out to us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you?

David.

Login to Me Too

Mustermann

It seems that many people have this issue, is Paypal safe to use? just this month the <removed> took from me: 19.99,11.99 euros. I really do not know what to do, i have deleted my cards on my paypal but i assume that they have my credit card number and everything. If it is a leak from you guys then we should get our money back and not wait months. We work for thouse money.

Login to Me Too

unicorn55
New Community Member

i have the same problem got to contact paypal and see what they say

Login to Me Too

spearce

had transaction made by this person/people today.

3 transactions,2 same paypal account,3rd one was different name on account but same bank details!!

Login to Me Too

Matt78936564
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue.  The Transaction isn't registered on my Paypal account but was on the Santander card.  I appreciate this forum as I contacted Santander by phone and they have disputed the transaction and will look into it.  My Transaction was listed as Paypal "etrade247li". Hope this helps others.

Login to Me Too

steveliddle
New Community Member

Checking the bank account and noticed a payment for 

3 Mar 2018 PAYPAL *INDIANMART <removed> £29.99

I have payments either side of this for stuff that I have purchased and found this thread when searching for the vendor

Will have to file a report

Login to Me Too

JL51
New Community Member

I have had 26.99 taken from my credit card with this reference. I have no memory of it and there is no activity listed on my account. Frustrated that it does not seem to be possible to speak to anyone. Have tried to report it but not sure if I have as there is no transaction to report. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.