Payment scam.?

Toppo

listed a motorbike for sale on Pistonheads.com, in the UK, contacted by Shawn Williams who agreed the asking price, payment through pay pal only but couldn't collect himself due to having recent surgery, asked him a few "friendly" questions..where do you live, what surgery etc etc...completely ignored these. Have insisted that it is cash on collection only as I'm aware of scams using PayPal .....we'll wait and see....

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Toppo,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum about this.

While there is every chance that the buyer is genuine in this case, we would generally advise meeting someone face to face with a purchase like this. It may also be preferable to only accept a cash payment for a vehicle, but it is entirely up to you.

Remember that PayPal don't work with any third party payment processors, and that we will never ask you to send a payment in order to have a payment sent to you. If you have any other questions or concerns at all, do let us know.

Thanks

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.