Pay pal holding funds until shipping agent is paid

Steve_Tills
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I have been contacted by a buyer who wanted to buy our entire stock small tho it maybe. The buyer has sent money to my pay pal account but nothing has appeared in pending. I have to pay £150 to a shipping agent before pay pal will release the monies into my account or so all mails state. Does his happen on pay pal or am I the unwilling to pay £150 to see money victim of a would be scam?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steve_Tills

No problem, glad to help, if you feel like marking one of my posts as a solution it would be appreciated.

Or just leave kudos if i helped you at all.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steve_Tills

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often don't haggle on price etc etc

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

If the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the shipping agent via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you.

They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Tell him to politely F...........err go away.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Steve_Tills
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much you described it down to a T. Much appreciated
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steve_Tills

No problem, glad to help, if you feel like marking one of my posts as a solution it would be appreciated.

Or just leave kudos if i helped you at all.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

temp201811281f
New Community Member

just happened to me.. selling a tv £150 with stand on gumtree. my number was on the ad, so get this message through from 'Rose' no number just the name which is not in my contacts list!! asking if tv still for sale and she put her email address down on text. so i replied back by email.. she wanted tv for her cousin, but she is deaf and wheelchair bound. cut a long story short, wanted to pay through paypal, i did stress i wanted cash only, but felt sorry as she cannot get out and about..  anyway next the funds of £390 GBP came through from paypal.. all this to pay for someone to collect it and deliver. only pending, as i was togo and pay up front  £200 going to moneygram at tesco or debenhams before the monies are released in paypal.... ha ha sniffed it out then.. emailed its a scam to Rose (funds to nigeria by the way!!) then i get email from paypal (bogus) breach of policy etc...not heard a dicky bird since..

So ignore, nothing else better to do but try and rip us off. nothing pending in my paypal account

so watch out

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Well spotted. We would never expect you to ship goods until you see the payment in your PayPal account. We would also not involve MoneyGram as they are a different payment processor to us 🙂

-David R

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.