Old account

saccharine_art
Contributor
Contributor

Hi My name is Jacob Smith, I've recently sold a product on eBay but when It came down to receiving payment the money was sent to an old account, despite me changing my details, its been a while since I logged into that account and have forgotten most of the details, is there anything I can do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@saccharine_art

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hi saccharine_art,

If you need to change your email address on your eBay account you can do so by following these steps:

1. Go to www.ebay.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘My eBay’ near the top of the page, and then click ‘Account.’
  3. Click ‘Personal Information.’
  4. Under ‘Email and Contact Information,’ find the email address you want to update and click ‘Edit.’
  5. Enter your password and click ‘Sign In.’
  6. Enter your new email address twice, enter the security code, and click ‘Continue.’

An email will be sent to your new address with instructions how to confirm it and a notification email will be sent to the old email address.

If you have other questions specifically concerning your eBay account, please contact eBay customer support as PayPal does not have access to your eBay details. Contact eBay directly by clicking on the 'Help' link and then the 'Contact us' link on the eBay page.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.