Not sure if its a scam or true

dennisruin
Contributor
Contributor

Your account will be suspended in 12 hours!!!

Dear Yeap Beng Soon,

It has come to our understanding that you have no intention of transferring the 2,280.00 MYR between you and Krzysztof Wasilewski.

PayPal heartily advise you to complete the transaction within the next 8 hours, as failure to do so will result to the limiting of your account access and Legal Action(s) against you personally, as we have already retrieved all your personal details from our database and we are ready to take appropriate Legal Action(s) against you.  We have informed the FBI and Interpol for the violating PayPal's instructions and users agreement in act of the 1999 Law in collaboration with the World Law Enforcement Agency.Please get back to us wit the necessary details to our verification department

You are expected to respond to this dispute before the next 5 hours with the required Details for proper verification..

this is a message i received after I tried to cancel a transaction but he insisted me to send him RM2,280.00 so no legal action will take against me

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Smiley Very Happy

Yes of course its a scam......its hilarious its so stupid.

Delete and ignore.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Smiley Very Happy

Yes of course its a scam......its hilarious its so stupid.

Delete and ignore.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

dennisruin
Contributor
Contributor

thx for the reply i am deleting this guy and ignoring him from now I not sure because I am new to paypal and this is my first transaction and xxxxxxxx this is his email by the way

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No problem, always best to ask, i was laughing at the scammers poor attempt at scamming and certainly not you.

But can you edit your post as you are not allowed to name and shame on here.

Also its pointless letting anyone on here know his email as the transaction would not have been done via paypal as the email was a spoof.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

dennisruin
Contributor
Contributor

yeh I am sorry about that but too bad I gave him my home address tho and he said that someone will come and pick up the item I hope its just an empty threat from him

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is a typical scam, they say they want to buy your item but want you to pay the shipping costs first via western union or moneygram etc, they say you have been paid via paypal but you get a spoof email but nothing in your account.

The scam is the shipping agent payment, they don't want your item and are normally in Nigeria.

Its a scam all over the net so don't worry re your personal safety.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

dennisruin
Contributor
Contributor

Thats a relief. Thank for the reply and for the info

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.