My Account Suddenly Became Chinese.. and locked !!

Tsaggos

As the title says, once I log in everything is chinese.. I also received a mail from service@paypal .com with the following:

We need you to help solve the problem on your PayPal account. We have temporarily limited the features available in your account until the problem is solved.

What went wrong?

We found your PayPal account to log in abnormal locations, we suspect that this is an unauthorized account access.

the problem now is that i cant log in to my account because its asking me to verify my details,thats either  by msg on a dial phone that does not support msg, or by answering an automated call on the same dial phone. I tried the automated call, but the machine spoke to me to chinese... (also i am afraid that i was charged for a phone call in china...).

To coclude, I am locked out of my account, and am afraid its been highjacked by some chinese guy that is using my credit card.. plz help !!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tsaggos

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tsaggos

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tsaggos

I managed to unlock my account via the automated call.. I pressed the numbers on my screen and hoped for the best. I was lucky because i did not undestand a thing the machine told me (in chinese). Once my account was unlocked, i used chrome to translate the page and managed to change my profile language. My account was indeed hacked as it had tried to buy games worth 400USD from KOG, but luckily paypal had suspected the hack and refunded all the money to my credit card. Thanx for your time.

Login to Me Too

jnr177901
New Community Member

what do you not understand about the WHOLE **bleep** PAGE IS IN CHINESE, whatever you want clicked on is in chinese all of it, everything all links any contact us everything, got it yet understand yet...**bleep**

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.