Mobile App login issues

jak68
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I am new to this forum so I am hoping I can get some help.

I have recently downloaded the Paypal mobile app to my android phone, but I am unable to login.

On the 2 options for logging in (phone & email) the phone login asks for my mobile number and a pin (i do not know what the pin number is and where I can get it from) and the email option I put the right login details but it keeps asking me for them even though they are right (I do have the security code option on my online account set up so I get a number text to me evertime I try to login)

Is anyone able to help Man Sad

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi jak68,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for downloading the App. 

The best way to resolve your issue is to create a mobile PIN that you can use to login to your account through the App. 

Its best to login via a PC or Laptop to create your PIN. You can create your PayPal Mobile PIN by following these steps:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Profile at the top of the page.
  3. Beside 'Phone', click Update.
  4. Click Set or change your PIN.
  5. Click Set PIN.
  6. Create a PIN and click Save.

Your mobile PIN will be associated with each of your payment-activated phones.

Once you do that you will be only asked to login to the App with your PIN and you'll no longer encounter those issue. 

I hope you find this helpful:)

Rachael

Login to Me Too

jonnyp
New Community Member

Hi I have tried and tried but  Security key comes up every time when I try to log on with phome.I have updated phone and added updated pin on PC. Since last two updates this has not worked. Whats the point of an app that soes not work?

Login to Me Too

ianjamesf
New Community Member

there seems to be a major flaw since the last app update, i cannot sign in fron the app on my phone either now

@jonnyp wrote:

Hi I have tried and tried but  Security key comes up every time when I try to log on with phome.I have updated phone and added updated pin on PC. Since last two updates this has not worked. Whats the point of an app that soes not work?

@jonnyp wrote:

@jonnyp wrote:

Login to Me Too

Westham-man
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, When is the mobile app login issue going to be resolved ?? Don't tell me to create a pin - vid I don't want to for security reasons ---- Just sort it out, first eBay with its charges & photo policies & now this Given that you make money from all of us, I suggest you get your act together or you will be losing customers
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.