Login History

Gungfuzi
New Community Member

I want to know how to view my login history.

Today, I thought I had bought an item using PayPal.  [From a reputable website/source - I have no worries about some kind of scam].  A little later I realised that I had not received an email from the vendor nor from PayPal.

I went back to the vendor's website and my shopping basket was empty - cookies should have maintained my basket unless I had actually succeeding in making the purchase.  There is no record in my purchase history.

So - did I log in?  Did the purchase fail? What happened?

Seeing some kind of record of my activity, especially when a purchase had been attempted but was not completed, would be extremely useful.   This is not the first time that I have wanted to see my (unsuccessful) activity.  If this feature is not available, does anyone else think it might be useful to have?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Log in to your paypal account and the transaction should show in your transaction history or click on the history tab.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gungfuzi
New Community Member

Of course.  Thanks for your suggestion.

But in this case I seem to have failed to make a transaction.  So it doesn't appear.

I want confirmation that I logged in (and that somehow I pressed the wrong button - or failed to press the right button).  Maybe it's because I am careless - but this has happened more than once before and short-term memory is a strange and fragile thing.  That's one of the reasons why I like to use computers.  It remembers and records what has happened for me.

Login to Me Too

taa184
New Community Member

I contacted paypal wanting to obtain the log file for my login history that shows where i logged in from, what IP address, device name, and what time.  Paypal is unable to provide this information, this is not good and will make me less likely to continue using paypal.  my account had fraudulent activity and i have a right to this information.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.