Is this a scam email after login in details

robin-h
New Community Member

Hi everyone

I had used my phone to get into my account and move some money today but this was on my home wifi network which I've been using for ages with no issues

Then I recieved this email twice today.

Titled:

Limited Account

copy of email

Dear PayPal client,

You have received this email because you or someone had used your account from different locations. For security purpose, we are required to open an investigation into this matter.

In order to safeguard your account, we require that you confirm your details.
To help speeed up this process, please access the following link so we can complete the verification of your PayPal Account registration information.

http://paypal.com

If we do not receive the appropriate account verification within 24 hours, then we will assume this PayPal account is fraudulent and will be suspended.

The purpose of this verification is to ensure that your account has not been fraudulently used and to combat the fraud from our community.
We appreciate your support and understanding and thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

..........................................................................................................

ok so it looked real to me so I click on the link which takes you to a paypal login page but I noticed that the url was wrong

I checked the properties of the url and it came up with this insteed http://aiefsa.com/cgi-bin/

I have not logged in on this site as looked suspect

Is this a fake site trying to get peoples details anyone had this email will my account be suspended in 24 hours ??

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi robin-h

Yes this is a phishing email, since you clicked on the link I suggest you change your password and security questions as a security measure

Ppal always address you as Dear Full Name

Never ask you to click on links/downloads

Never ask for personal/sensitive info

Always log in to your account by the official site

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.