Impossibility of communicating with PayPal

allen-uk
Contributor
Contributor

Why is it almost impossible to email PayPal? I want to report a suspicious series of events on logging in to eBay, yet nowhere on this site is a button I can press to do so! Every time you think you've found one, it simply redirects you to the original page.

Drives any intelligent person barmy.

No, I do NOT want to phone, and go through that equally maddening robot business. I want to report strange log in activities.

Surely it wouldn't be too hard to provide an email address, or even a chat-line, for such matters?

Allen.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@allen-uk

Well if the problem is logging on to Ebay then you need to contact Ebay surely and not Paypal??

And last time I looked Ebay do have a live chat at times ?? If not then  >>

If you're contacting from the UK, you can get in touch with eBay at 0345 355 3229. Alternatively, you can get in touch with them through social media, either via Twitter (https://twitter.com/AskeBay) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/eBay.co.uk).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

allen-uk
Contributor
Contributor

No, as I thought I'd made reasonably clear in my question, the problem is 'communicating with PayPal', not eBay.

Allen.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@allen-uk

Well as Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies then I kinda thought you would prefer Ebays contact info.

I could certainly give you several very easy ways to get through to Paypal but would hate to waste my time providing the wrong answer again for you when doing my best to try and help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

allen-uk
Contributor
Contributor

Kernowlass.

Don't be cross; I'm trying not to be, so let's not be cross together.

Just tell me, in your voluntary advisor role, how I can get through to PayPal.

Then I will go away and stop disturbing you.

Allen.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@allen-uk

Sorry I help folks that appreciate me giving up my time to help them.

Off to do shopping now so you won't disturb me at all.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

allen-uk
Contributor
Contributor

Well, having spoken and taught English for many decades, I thought my phrase "impossibility of communicating with PayPal" was fairly explicit. Had I been having trouble with eBay, for example, I would have used the words "impossibility of communicating with eBay".

Note the difference.

I can't help your bad temper, or your inability to read my carefully chosen words.

Perhaps somebody else can come along and tell me how I can get in touch with PayPal about a signing-in problem (sorry, an issue, as I believe is the current parlance).

Best wishes,

Allen.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@allen-uk

I understood your English, Mr Sarcastic, however a LOT of posters on here cite problems with Paypal not realising that Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies now.

Normally when I point that out they say 'yes thanks, have contacted Ebay now and sorted it'.

All you had to say in reply to my post was 'thanks for responding but it is actually Paypal that I need the contact information for'. I would then have happily supplied it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

allen-uk
Contributor
Contributor

Here we go.

My initial reply was: "No, as I thought I'd made reasonably clear in my question, the problem is 'communicating with PayPal', not eBay."

Let's start again. I should have written:

"No, as I asked in my question, the problem is 'communicating with PayPal', not eBay."

Better? And how did the shopping go?

Allen.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@allen-uk

Shopping was great thanks.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.