IPN with Magento Community Edition

BeckeyB
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Can anyone tell me which version number of Magento 1.9 Community Edition is needed for IPNs to work please? I can't find the information anywhere!!

Thanks,

Beckey

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

BeckeyB
Contributor
Contributor

Never mind, I found it. In case anyone else finds this thread and needs answers, this is the info I found...

https://community.magento.com/t5/News-Announcements/Merchants-Must-Upgrade-or-Apply-a-PayPal-Patch-b...

Merchants Must Upgrade or Apply a PayPal Patch by June 30, 2017

For increased security, merchants will only be able to use HTTPS when posting messages back to PayPal via their Instant Payment Notification (IPN) service. In the past, PayPal has allowed the use of HTTP for these postbacks.

To comply with these changes, Magento merchants using PayPal must upgrade to:

• Enterprise Edition 1.14.3.3 or apply the SUPEE-8167 patch
  • Community Edition 1.9.3.3 or apply the SUPEE-8187 patch
  • Magento 2.0.15 when it becomes available the week of June 19

All Magento 2.1.x versions already support this change, so no update is required.

Merchants must upgrade or apply a patch by June 30, 2017 to avoid any potential service disruptions. Patches are available in My Account or the Community Edition Download Page. There is also a PayPal microsite that describes this change.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

BeckeyB
Contributor
Contributor

Never mind, I found it. In case anyone else finds this thread and needs answers, this is the info I found...

https://community.magento.com/t5/News-Announcements/Merchants-Must-Upgrade-or-Apply-a-PayPal-Patch-b...

Merchants Must Upgrade or Apply a PayPal Patch by June 30, 2017

For increased security, merchants will only be able to use HTTPS when posting messages back to PayPal via their Instant Payment Notification (IPN) service. In the past, PayPal has allowed the use of HTTP for these postbacks.

To comply with these changes, Magento merchants using PayPal must upgrade to:

• Enterprise Edition 1.14.3.3 or apply the SUPEE-8167 patch
  • Community Edition 1.9.3.3 or apply the SUPEE-8187 patch
  • Magento 2.0.15 when it becomes available the week of June 19

All Magento 2.1.x versions already support this change, so no update is required.

Merchants must upgrade or apply a patch by June 30, 2017 to avoid any potential service disruptions. Patches are available in My Account or the Community Edition Download Page. There is also a PayPal microsite that describes this change.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hi BeckeyB.

Thank you for sharing that. Have a nice day.

Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.