I may have just lost my item.

new_needhelppls
Contributor
Contributor

SCAMMED me but not fully. Thanks to these topics. I just want to share that I think I will be loosing my phone as I have already sent it to NIGERIA. Funny. The paypal emails will look professional in your eyes but DO NOT send your item if you have not recieved the money yet. I am trying to sell my phone for £240. Lots of people wanted it but this guy wanted it the most. Told me he will pay £280. He sent me "£380" through paypal apparently and it was pending on 98%. And now paypal wants me to pay £220 through Money Gram because my buyer has to pay £600 at least. Once I send the £220, they can realease my money.

Now he is trying to be sympathetic saying that he can't lose his money. Saying he sent the phone to his GF.

Absolute joke. I'm hoping that I can call the post office straight away tomorrow to try and stop the delivery.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@new_needhelppls

This scam has been ongoing for about ten years and is all over this forum and net.

But can you edit that name in your post as scammers hijack genuine email addresses / ebay i.d's etc and so you may be posting the name of an innocent party on this public board.

Remember   >>>

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

If its too late for Royal Mail then contact Nigeria Post as long as you put a return address on the package.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@new_needhelppls

This scam has been ongoing for about ten years and is all over this forum and net.

But can you edit that name in your post as scammers hijack genuine email addresses / ebay i.d's etc and so you may be posting the name of an innocent party on this public board.

Remember   >>>

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

If its too late for Royal Mail then contact Nigeria Post as long as you put a return address on the package.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PeteB146
New Community Member
Hi mate, happen to me last night selling my lads motorbike but the guts name is different a Kyler Brighton, same thing I sent s PayPal request for the amount and sent email back saying he had arranged transport but couldn't get out to pay it as health issues, said he transfers £2550 and got the scam mail from fake PayPal saying I had to pay transport costs first via money gram. As this was not agreed before hand i contacted PayPal straight sea as the address for money gram was UAE. I sent all emails to spoof@paypal who are looking into it. I blocked his emails and didn't lose anything apart from stress
Login to Me Too

new_needhelppls
Contributor
Contributor

Yeh I tried contacting paypal myself through my phone but it took them so long to answer, at least 10 minutes in so I just ended up hanging up the phone call due to my phone bill too. I tried phoning them so it will be quicker to discuss my matter. Unfortunately, I was too late to cancel my parcel sent to Nigeria. I had to make an international call as well to try and stop my parcel. Massive hassle trying to contact another country... Had to make emails and phone calls and in the end, I got help from the customer service of nigeria and post office here in UK through emails. Got an email saying that my item will be stopped and be returned to me within 6 weeks! I am sure if I try to sell this again, the value of my phone will depreciate as there are new phones coming in quickly...

Oh well, at least they didn't get my money gram money which I was stupidly prepared to send! never again!

Login to Me Too

steelpet
Contributor
Contributor

Just had the same from Dominic Gibney about a bike i'm selling on Gumtree..

Login to Me Too

new_needhelppls
Contributor
Contributor

SAME GUY!!!

Login to Me Too

steelpet
Contributor
Contributor

I got two in one day, one from Dominic Gibney and another from Freddy Patrick.

@new_needhelppls wrote:

SAME GUY!!!

Login to Me Too

Buckscooby2011
New Community Member
This kyler Brighton has just contacted me about my motorcycle on gumtree saying he works as a ship steward and is unable to come and view but will send a courier I wasn't sure until I read this post but I told him it was cash on collection anyway
Login to Me Too

kenndunbar
Contributor
Contributor

Same story here, wanted paypal and to collect bike from 'preferred location' which immediately worried me

saved me alot of hassle to find this thread on forum

thanks guys

@Buckscooby2011 wrote:
This kyler Brighton has just contacted me about my motorcycle on gumtree saying he works as a ship steward and is unable to come and view but will send a courier I wasn't sure until I read this post but I told him it was cash on collection anyway

Login to Me Too

Hanzsoda
New Community Member

This same guy Kyler Brighton contacted me today eager to buy my lawnmower. He said he can not come and view personally because he is a "shipping steward" but he will send a courier and pay via paypal. It sounded dodgy to me so I googled his name and came across this thread. Thanks guys, saved me from a bad egg as I have been scammed before.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.