How to hide location+real name info on paypal.me?

Nyapano
Contributor
Contributor

I've got a friend who does a lot of stuff over the internet. She wants to set up paypal.me since some friends asked her to for a birthday gift... But she's not okay with revealing her personal info like that. Is it even possible to not announce your location and real name on the page?

(I'm not sure where it'll go, so since it's about personal info, i'll put it with security)

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

Liv_Chun

I have the same problem. Please let us hide our last name and city name!!!

Login to Me Too

Rexxilion
Contributor
Contributor

I also want to hide my personal info, I thought Paypal was suppose to deal with this issue.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi all,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

To confirm, it is not possible to be autonomous when sending payments via PayPal or PayPal.me. I imagine most money transferring companies would be the same for compliance reasons.

-David R

Login to Me Too

ReedPharren
Contributor
Contributor
Google Wallet doesn't require me to blast my legal name and location everywhere, put your thinking hats on, PayPal. You're endangering thousands of people by making some modicum of anonymity inaccessible. You can keep our legal names and locations on file internally for compliance, but there's literally no reason that kind of information needs to be customer-facing. It's a copout. When Google Wallet enables something like PayPal.me, that's when you'll start giving a crap.
Login to Me Too

hebrewgyaljo

But if the link is supposed to be shared with friends and family like you give us the option to do -- then why would we need to have our location shown? Friends and family will already know our location? If you choose the option of goods and services, it still shows your location and name?  Having someone's legal full name and location isn't safe when dealing with multiple people around the globe. I think as a PayPal customer, you should be able to have the option to display what it is you want to be displayed. 

Login to Me Too

Alox

So paypal doesn't serve any anonymous users? Could anyone suggest a better money transfering website? I'd like some privacy and clearly this isn't a priority to paypal. I don't want people from all over the internet to know where I live, I simply want to allow donnations. Seriously though, if anyone has a better website that cares about customers, please inform me.

Thanks,

Login to Me Too

edward12
New Community Member

HI have actually similar problem.

I am selling on my free time similar spare parts of the company I am working for. If for some reason my boss or his sons find this out in ebay, I may risk my job.

It is nothing dodgy but just found different suppliers and selling online (unlike this company that sells only face-to-face).

This can be a good reason to protect myself and doing business with more security.

I agreed about paypal should have and assess account personal information. However, buyers they should have my details only if I want or some problems occur

Login to Me Too

YNiekAC
New Community Member

I have the same problem. You can try to let people donate/send money to you via Streamlabs or any other payment site that goes with Paypal. I know its bad but I think Paypal won't fix it

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.