How can I change settings that money from the debit card would have priority before Paypal balance?

Jakeycontrol
New Community Member

Hey everyone,

Since I every now and then get a few € on paypal (1-3€ every few weeks), I would really like to save that money aside, while I'm sending the money directly from my debit card. What bothers me here is, that the Paypal Balance has the "priority" to be taken from when paying with Paypal. Is there any possibility for me to change that and set the priority to the debit card? Or there exist any other possibility to have that kinda savings? (I would like to collect the money up do 80€ or 90€ or 100€ and then use it and not before).

Thanks for help to everyone!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

I'm afraid at this time it is not possible as your balance is automatically used first.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Jakeycontrol
New Community Member

I thought so. But why is this thing so stupid designed?

How about if I transfer those funds to another account (which I create)? Is there any fee sending from paypal to paypal inside family members?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

You should not create another account to do this as it may cause you account issues and there will be fees involved. I can only advise you to send the payment using your current PayPal account to your friends PayPal account. Should you not wish to use PayPal you need to contact your card issuer for alternatives as we cannot help with that as it is out of our control.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.