Gumtree scam

Eme1
New Community Member
I've just 'sold' a cooker through gumtree, luckily I became worried when Sandra Penev wanted me to purchase a moneygram as she was in a wheelchair. Needless to say I will only be dealing with personal cash buyers in future.
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

cris87
Contributor
Contributor

thank you ! same thing here, same fake name..

Hello again,
I am glad to inform you that i have made the payment! PayPal said that they have sent you a confirmation email so kindly check the inbox of your email
I had a little problem with the agent they said they can only schedule the pick up date and time after they receive their pick up fee in their head office via moneygram,but due to me being in wheelchair i'm unable to get to a moneygram shop to send it. I added the £260 they charged for the pick up and £40 for the moneygram charges,you will receive the total sum of £420. 
You'll send £260 to them via moneygram today and here is the details needed for the transfer below:
First name: Bola
Last name: Luke
City : Ibadan
Postcode : 20001

few seconds before this...get an email from paypalcustormercarehelpdesk at gmailcom  (gmail domain!!!) telling me that money are in my paypal account, just waiting for moneygram....for a naive person email can look very ''official''

be carreful, stay safe, cash only!!

Login to Me Too

Markn
New Community Member
I've just had a couple of emails asking me for my cooker. They asked for my PayPal emails so they could send the money. Same kind of email deaf and in a wheel chair. I gave them my email to send funds. But lucky enough I decided to look up. And I Google the name. SANDRA PENEV and it brought me to this page. I've just kindly replied saying that I do believe this is a scam. And thank you but no thank you. I didn't get as far as the money gram. But I would of cottoned on to that. Thank God there is forums like this. Stay say people.
Login to Me Too

BMB1
New Community Member

Hi, as others have reported before me, SANDRA PENEV is a scam artist!! Today she 'tried' to buy a bike I am selling for my son. It seems her (if it is a woman?) form is to text and ask you to email her back if you still have the item. She then replies saying she definitely wants to buy the item but cannot collect in person as she is deaf, recovering from surgery, in a wheelchair, so will send a courier to pick up the item up!! She claims she will pay by PayPal, but I didn't get that far as I was suspicious as soon as I had read the email - it just didn't 'feel' right. I googled her name and it brought me here to read everyone else's experience's with this woman.

Login to Me Too

Temp20221108A
Contributor
Contributor
Add the name Sharron Sharman to the list. Deaf and recovering from heart surgery. House bound. Will send courier to collect item. Refuses to pay cash or bank transfer. So glad my gut feeling said google her
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.