Fraudulent payment being taken from my account

Freechi1
New Community Member

Hi there

I have just noticed two payments from Pay Pal to two unknown people - clearly I am being robbed and the guidance on Pay Pal when you click under unauthorised payments in the help button says:

1. Under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in the Resolution Centre.
  2. Click Dispute a Transaction.
  3. Select Unauthorised transaction and click Continue.
  4. Follow the steps to report the transaction.

But on the Resolution Centre page there is no 'More about your account ' button or these words anywhere - its actually very frustrating and I have added the telephone layer of security but I need this fixed!

Any help most appreciated

thanks x 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Freechi1

Well i have just done it quite easily, i clicked on 'resolve a problem in the resolution centre' bottom left of my paypal summary page > clicked on 'report a problem' > selected a transaction > clicked continue and scrolled done to 'unauthorised transaction'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Freechi1
New Community Member

Hi thanks for that guidance - however I have the transactions showing on my bank account as Pay Pal payments from the debit card that is linked to that Pay Pal account but th etransactions are not showing on the Pay Pal statement for me to then select

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Freechi1

Ah ok then that could be another reason.

When you pay for an item online and use a card rather than logging into your paypal account then you would not know it was a paypal transaction as you would be paying as a 'guest buyer'.

This is because the 'seller' may well be using a Paypal 'card reader' to process your transaction, so it won't show up in your paypal account but would just show up on your bank account or card statement.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.