Fraud

john761
Contributor
Contributor

Sir,

I have just been the victim of an internet fraud using the PayPal system.

I put up for sale a Jacuzzi in Tarragona Spain.

I was contacted by a woman (?) located in Chicago (?) who stated that she wished to buy it for her mother-in-law located in Burkina Faso Africa.

I issued a PayPal invoice as required.

At no time did she show any interest in the product or the logistic issues involved. Also she would never pass to me any of her contact details.

I was informed that the shipping agent would contact me by mail.

She stated that the PayPal payment had been made, but that PayPal would not allow her to exclude the shipping charges. She had sent to me 1000 euros extra which I should send to the Nigerian agent (with my money!) then I would receive from PayPal my money.

I receive a number of PayPal mails which looked genuine, but I was suspicious, however, I continued the “game”.

When finally I refused to send the money, I received only abuse and a false FBI mail stating that I would be arrested!

I HOLD THE FULL HISTORY OF “PAYPAL” MAILS TO SEND TO YOU.

Please indicate to where they should go.

This is the first time I have used PayPal, I hope it will not be the last.

Regards, John761

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

john761
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your advice !

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As the transaction has nothing to do with paypal its pointless sending them to paypal.

The emails would have come from a scammer and made to look as if they were from paypal.

Delete them and ignore the scammer.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

john761
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your advice !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.