Fraud, scam

Cody87
I'm selling a phone on. Kijiji and this guy says he'll pay me with PayPal and an additional 100 up front to cover the cost of shipping and then asks for my pay pal email address so after that I received 3emails all at once in my spam folder matching PayPal's Email address except when I go into security info it says sent from Gmail and certified by Gmail, when my set-up account verification from PayPal says sent from PayPal and certified by PayPal, when I asked him about that he said it's because he's going through a third party or something like that..... Anyways I have no messages in within my PayPal account only through those emails. And his story is that Moments after I ship through western union and give my confirmation number to paypal I'll receive payment.......??!!! I want to believe this guy cuz I want the money but everything is just not adding up and His content reassuring me to "trust me my friend" "no need to worry" is only reassuring me that it is a scam... Lol. Anyways just looking for someone's else's opinion on the matter just in case this is how paypal works even though I've done some research and am convinced it isn't, I still want a reason to believe this guy. Thanks in advance for your comments.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Guest366
Contributor
Contributor

DON'T DO IT!

you know it's all adding up and the answer is WRONG

everything isn't right with the whole thing is it? you can see that, surely, and whether you need the money or not you're not going to get it - plus you'll lose the phone so you've lost the way to get the money you do need - come on......

Login to Me Too

Cody87
I know I know, exactly what I was expecting to hear.... I was just hoping someone might know something about this procedure followed by the source of the info, seeing as this is a first time transaction using PayPal for me, but no your completely right take a chance cuz I need the money and if it doesn't fall through then no money and no phone to get money plus in the hole for W. E it cost to ship it..... Thanks k's bro
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi Cody87 and Guest366.

Thanks for reaching out to us in regards to this. As Guest366 has correctly advised, it does sound as though this person isn't planning on paying you via PayPal for the item thta you are selling.

You should only ever post an item to a buyer when you have received the payment on PayPal and you can see a delivery address for the item to be posted to. This will help to ensure that you will be covered under our Seller Protection Policy in the event of a dispute/claim being filed on the payment.

You can find more information about our Seller Protection Policy and how you can ensure that you are covered for future purchases here.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.