Email Spam

Diddy
New Community Member

Is this a spam email??????????

Dear customer, We received a request to reset the password associated with your account from an unrecognised device.
Location: Germany (IP=217.160.92.24) Note: The location is based on information from your Internet service or wireless provider.
Was this you? If so, you can disregard the rest of this email. If this wasn't you, please follow our verification process to protect your account information from potential future account compromise:

1.Download the attached document and open it in a secure browser . 2.Follow the verification process to protect your account . Sincerely,
------------------------- Please do not reply to this message. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Diddy

Yes its a phishing email

Genuine ppal emails always:

Address you as Dear Full Name

Never ask you to click on links/downloads

Never ask for personal/sensitive info

Always log in to ppal by the official site

Login to Me Too

gordonsmith
New Community Member

@Diddy wrote:

Is this a spam email??????????

Dear customer, We received a request to reset the password associated with your account from an unrecognised device.
Location: Germany (IP=217.160.92.24) Note: The location is based on information from your Internet service or wireless provider.
Was this you? If so, you can disregard the rest of this email. If this wasn't you, please follow our verification process to protect your account information from potential future account compromise:

1.Download the attached document and open it in a secure browser . 2.Follow the verification process to protect your account . Sincerely,
------------------------- Please do not reply to this message. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

I got this message fron Pay Pal What should I do to secure my account?

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi gordon somith

Yes its spam/phishing/fake

Read my other post on why?

Always log in by the official site and check your account regularly

Login to Me Too

littleFIRE
New Community Member

This is an automated email, please do not reply. Informations about your account : As part of our security measures, we regularty check the work of the screen PayPal. We have requested information from you for the following reason : ccess to your account. Once connected,follow the steps to activate your account. We appereciate your understanding as we work to ensure security. Click here to Confirm Your Account Information. Departmen review PayPal accounts PayPal FSA Register Number:15825003750 PayPal Email ID PP190420

Login to Me Too

TCTC
New Community Member

I believe this email is a spam as it doesn't include my name , please confirm:

SUSPICIOUS EMAIL: 

Reference #PP-003-029-147-592

Account Status Update Response required
Change your password and security questions Upon receipt

Dear Client,

Recently, we noticed an unusual activity in your PayPal account. Please log in to your PayPal account to confirm your identity and update your password and security questions.
Login Paypal

If you need help logging in, go to our Help Center by clicking the Help link located in the upper right-hand corner of any PayPal page. .

We're concerned that someone is using your PayPal account without your knowledge. Recent activity from your PayPal account seems to have occurred from a suspicious location or under unusual circumstances.

What to do

Log in to your PayPal account as soon as possible. We may ask you to confirm information you provided when you created your PayPal account to make sure you're the account holder. We'll then ask you to change your password and security questions.
You should also do the following for your own protection:

Check your account details (address, email, phone number, credit card, etc.) to make sure they're correct.
What's next?

Let's work together to restore your PayPal account. After you complete all of the tasks, we should respond within 72 hours.

Thank you for choosing PayPal. If you need help or have any ques tions, call us at 65-6510-4584, 7:00 WIB to 21:00 WIB from Monday to Friday, 8:00 WIB to 17:00 WIB from Saturday to Sunday.

Sincerely,
PayPal

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi TCTC

Yes its spam

Genuine ppal emails:

Always address u as Dear full name

never ask u for personal info

never ask u to click on links/downloads/attachnemts

Always log in via official site

Can forward to spoof@paypal.com then delete

Login to Me Too

Jenny105
Contributor
Contributor
PAYPAL always addresses you by your name .does not say customer or client etc.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.