Duplicate Accounts - Trouble finding Email

Fatipa
Contributor
Contributor

First thing I'd like to point out is I'm proundly deaf and can't use the phone, trying to find an email address for PayPal Customer Support has proven impossible - why is it so difficult? It's borderline or even mainline discriminatory!

Anyway, my problem is I retired from U.K. to live in Ireland 3 years ago, to cut a long story short, I opened a new Irish eBay account and closed my UK one. Ditto my Paypal account but I set up my Irish Paypal to accept Euros or Sterling. Everything's worked fine up until today. I have several auctions running, one of them completed today. I sent the buyer a PayPal invoice but it appears to have used my U.K PayPal email address and the buyer has paid into that closed PayPal account.

Because Paypal are unreachable I couldn't seek advice and used my inititiative (!) and ended up re-opening the closed account. So I now have 2 PayPal accounts but despite my excellent track record, can't access the money for 21 days. I don't want 2 PayPal accounts I want the money resting in my old (reopened) account moved to my Irish account and the other one closed. 

What at to Do?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fatipa

1. Not to hard to find an email address, click on HELP/CONTACT bottom of this page > email address on the next page.

2. If the payment has gone to the wrong email address then can you do this to check?

>>

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

3. You should really try and resolve things with paypal first before you open another paypal account as it is against paypal rules to have 2 paypal accounts of the same type and may lead to both being limited.

4. If you open up a new paypal account with a new email address then paypal will see you as a new seller and the new seller hold would be applied.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Fatipa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kudos,

Thanks for that helpful reply. It looks like you're correct, the payment mail address is the old one which is where it's all gone wrong! I think i may (not sure) have used an existing template when i described my auction and never thought to check the Paypal email address. As far as having 2 Paypal accounts go, this wasn't intentional, I only re-created my old one as a potential solution to accessing where the money sent by the buyer had gone because although I'd received the confirmation there was money wa I couldn't see it anywhere, so i recreated the old account and there it was. 

Now there's a slight further problem, as well as the auction which ended earlier today, I have 5 further auctions running which end in the next ouple of days - I've checked and they also have an incorrect email address in the Paypal bit there doesn't seem a way to edit that field to correct it.

So, how do I proceed with a) getting the money into the correct account b) editing he live auctions with the correct email and c) Closing the duff Paypal account down.

Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fatipa

My name is not kudos, its kernowlass. Kudos is what you tick when you want to thank someone or you can leave a solution mark.

You can only edit your auctions if there are no bids. Personally i would end all bids / and close the auctions and relist to prevent future problems otherwise you will have the same problem.

That is unless you can still access the old email address on the old paypal account, if you can then you are ok.

After all auctions have ended and you have been paid you can withdraw those funds and then close the old paypal account down.

Then next time you list an item for sale you need to change the email address in the payments section in the paypal box DURING the listing process and it should default to that one thereafter.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

socks1
Contributor
Contributor

Don't know were to post this , perhaps you can? I would just like to say , after speaking to an adviser, my login problem was resolved very quick,and in the 8yrs I have used paypal, I have never had a problem, a great service and so easy, and secure to use,

Thanks  doorandall

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.