Do I Give My Full Info to Suspicios Pay Pal?

Arasarely2009
New Community Member
I just got an email from what seems legit Paypal that says that there was a suspicious log in that wanted or made a $165 payment and asks me to verify its me and directs me to a page where i have to put ALL of my financial information and even all my social security number not just the last 4 digits (which is kinda fishy for me) b/c it said if I don't do it in a week my paypal account will be disabled permanently. This freaked me out so I immediately went to check my back account and so far nothing with $165 has been withdrawn or been bought so I dont know if I should proceed with the info that paypal is asking for. ANYONE...PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arasarely2009

If paypal suspected there was a problem with your account they would tell you to log into your account and go to the resolution centre or the message centre.

They would not and do not ask you to log in and enter sensitive information via an unsafe link in an email.

That is SCAMMERS trying to hijack your paypal log in and financial info.

More info here  >>

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ2061/2

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arasarely2009

Your welcome !

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.