Can't login to my PayPal account anywhere, need help.

cricketfan90
New Community Member

Hi all,

I wen't to login to my PayPal account a couple of days ago to make a payment and for some reason it will not accept my password which i know is 100% correct as firstly it automatically entered it for me in Google Chrome and secondly i typed it in a second time and it still won't log me in. I am getting this error message "Some information you entered isn't right.". Well i know it is right.

I can pay for things on eBay still as my PayPal account is linked so i don't need to enter the password but i wan't to access my money. I can also still see payments coming through via notifications through the PayPal app but when i try and access my wallet via the app, it says an error has occured or something along those lines when i type the password in.

I noticed that many more people have had this issue recently: https://downdetector.com/status/paypal

I don't want to attempt to log in anymore incase it locks me out completely. I know my password is right and i need to access my money from the buyers of my eBay items, plus i can't remember the security question, let alone answering one as i made the account a few years ago now.

Any ideas??

Note: i am using my second PayPal account to write this on the forum.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

spectacorg
New Community Member

I have been having the same issue, contacted PP "help" and got the automated response, then a human reply asking for a screenshot of the message...which I sent, but then never heard another word about it. I sent a follow up asking what happned to my request for help with the matter and that went unanswered even by the auto bot.

My worakaround: I took a stab in the dark and entered in the address paypal.com/login and entered my info there and viola! it let me in.... however to this day I still cant use the sign in off their main page with that stupid resource hogging bachground vidoe that wants to load and run as wallpaper on the page.

try the paypal.com/login and see if that works for you too, and post back, seeing as PP themesleves don't seem to care anymore.

Login to Me Too

ilovemykids82
New Community Member

Yes it worked for me too when I used the log in you suggested.

Login to Me Too

Madmegan12
New Community Member

Hi I've had this message if you click the security and protection link at the top right corner it will take you too another page, then just click my paypal on the top right and it will take you to your account 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.