Can't log in due to unrecognized device - impossible for me to email them as I CAN'T login

Lanky1
New Community Member

My user and password are 100% correct.

Paypal website says that im signing in from an urecognized device so it tries to do some security verification by sending an SMS or phone call to the number on my account. When i proceed i receive no phone call or sms, i guess my number isn't store correctly?

Basically there's nothing else I can do, i tried calling paypal but the line just had a bunch of useless automated messages to navigate. The website doesn't let me send them an email until I log in... well the problem is they won't let me.

There's literally nothing I can think of to get this solved....

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lanky1

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lanky1
New Community Member

the telephone line that is listed on paypal site doesn't let me say agent or recognize me saying it, it just asks for 6 digit code.

is that my only option? to use social media?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lanky1

You only get the code if you can log in.

So using the other option i posted seems to be your only option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.