Can a seller access my bank details when I use paypal to pay them?

link2
Contributor
Contributor

I recently made a purchase which I believe is a scam and so I might have issues with the product which I can handle. I just want to understand what details the seller has access to as I don't trust them with any of it, especially bank details. So my question is what can the seller access and is it possible to hack into my bank account using those details?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Intars

Hi link2,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. If you are buying goods or services and pay through PayPal, we provide the seller with the delivery address for the goods, your billing address and the email address registered on the account. We do not share your financial information with the seller. To view our Privacy Policy, go to www.paypal.com/uk, log in to your account and click Privacy near the bottom of the page.

Intars

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Intars

Hi link2,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. If you are buying goods or services and pay through PayPal, we provide the seller with the delivery address for the goods, your billing address and the email address registered on the account. We do not share your financial information with the seller. To view our Privacy Policy, go to www.paypal.com/uk, log in to your account and click Privacy near the bottom of the page.

Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.