Account Hacked and was Closed

clarisajoyce
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Anybody here who has experienced their account being hacked, and then it was closed?

The hacker sent money from my credit card and cancelled all my billing subscriptions. 

The money he sent was a lot, I was wondering if PayPal can cancel these transactions? So that I will not need to pay these on my credit card?

Please help! I am so worried now. 😞

By the way, I have emailed PayPal already. I just hope they will reply soon.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@clarisajoyce

Don't email them >>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@clarisajoyce

Don't email them >>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

clarisajoyce
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @kernowlass,

I just messaged them on Facebook. I initially thought of calling them, but from where I'm living that is Singapore, call support ended on 6pm. It's almost 8pm here already. I will just call them tomorrow first thing in the morning.

Anyway, have you come across any scenarios similar with mine? Any possibility that those unathorised transactions will be forfeited?  

Thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@clarisajoyce

I can only speak on how the system appears to work as an ebay seller and paypal user myself.

If paypal agrees that your account was hacked and used without your consent then your unauthorised claims will be found in your favour and you should be protected.

But i can't second guess customer services so its best to speak to them yourself if possible.

Is there not a number for customer services in your own country??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

clarisajoyce
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @kernowlass,

There is, it's just that on Sundays, it's only until 6pm. When I found out my account was hacked, the current time then was already outside their calling window. 

I will call tomorrow morning, and I really hope this would go in my favour. I am guessing that the hacker logged my account from another country, most probably US, so I hope PayPal can look into that angle.

Anyhow, thank you so much! Will update you tomorrow!

Login to Me Too

clarisajoyce
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

By the way, do you think I should call my bank and inform them about these unauthorised PayPal transactions in my credit card?

Login to Me Too

uraghavan
Contributor
Contributor

My account was hacked yesterday and the account was closed. A transaction of 44 $ was done.

Now I am not able to login to my account to report the case and the customer service doesn't pick the call.

This is ridiculous service. I have opened a new account and raised an issue. Hope they answer back!!

Login to Me Too

clarisajoyce
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, @uraghavan, sorry to hear you experience the same issue as mine. But anyway, don't fret, my issue was resolved, and PayPal refunded all the fraud transactions.

Contact PayPal via all their channels: I called them, emailed them, and also messaged them on Facebook (I was freaking out that time so I tried everything hehe). Just explain to them what happened. It will take them 1-2 days to investigate, and they will definitely do a refund. 

By the way, they might ask you some details of the involved PayPal account, like the email address used, and the details of the fraud transactions made. Just check your email about these as PayPal always sends email notifications for every transaction. Dig up this particular email, and have it ready when you talk to customer service, or quote the details in your email.

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

uraghavan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi clarisajoyce..Thank you so much!! Realy appreciate your help!

Login to Me Too

Dannimitch92
New Community Member
My PayPal was hacked sending in money then withdrew to my bank then took money out of PayPal now someone is requesting I send them the money saying it was from their account when I had nothing to do with it. Please help
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.