selling macbook

raialisha1987
Contributor
Contributor

I want to sell my macbook pro and I received a mail from spain that the buyer will transfer the payment via paypal and after transferring the payment I have to send the macbook via post.what to do please help me out??

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what is wrong with that?

he sent money and you ship?

make sure it is trackable online,if 750 or more payment ,signature confirmation.

also a good idea  to buy some insurance/

USPS may not have online tracking to Spain,so make sure it is trackable once it leaves US 

Login to Me Too

raialisha1987
Contributor
Contributor

no actually I dont have an idea I am a first time user and i am selling it through olx and the the person who is interested in buying my macbook wants to transfer the money via paypal so I just wanted to confirm is it ok I dont want any fraud with me please help me out for safe transaction?? overall i just activated my account today and now how to proceed i dont know..

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

first when you list an item on that site,did you understand what rules they have,like buyer and seller performance and protection and disputes?

and fees of course.

when he make payment via PAYPAL to your Paypal account,you will receive notification from Paypal-you get cash!,pay attention to his address,you must ship to tha address with online viewable tracking and if the item is eligible for seller protection.

go read PAYPAL seller protection.

now shipping with tracking via USPS to Spain,shipping with tracking and signature confirmation via USPS ,shipping with tracking adn signature thru a private carrier such as UPS,FEDEXP or DHL/

any payment $750 or more requuires signature confirmation.

both tracking and signature must be viewable online.

USPS offers insurance but going overseas may not be available depends on the method you choose,there is also third party insurer.

just remember one famous saying on Ebay-dont sell anything you cant afford to lose.

Login to Me Too

raialisha1987
Contributor
Contributor

thnx alot..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.