ebay Gift Cards Not Working in Paypal!

Runzi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

Can you please tell me why i can't add money to my Paypal account by using ebay gift cards?

I purchased the cards from BestBuy and they told me that i can buy anything from ebay but you need to have Paypal account, 

But it's not working, I can't buy anything on ebay cause the code area below item kind of locked and even the wallet in Paypal not showing this option, only bank or credit 

please advice,

Thanks

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

go to Ebay and look up ebay gift cards for explanation

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

f you're having problems using your eBay gift card, here are a few things to consider:

• The seller must accept PayPal
  • You must have a PayPal account that is linked to your bank account or credit card
  • Gift cards are non-refundable and non-returnable

Make sure you only redeem eBay gift cards on our site. Never give your redemption code to anyone or use it on purchases outside of eBay.

To redeem the remaining balance on a gift card, enter your redemption code at checkout, and be sure you're using the eBay account that you used previously with the gift card.

If you lost your gift card, or it was stolen or damaged, we may be able to replace it. To see if you qualify, contact us.

Login to Me Too

Runzi
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you lancelotme,

The code feild below the items still locked even for the buyers who eccept the ebay gift cards!

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

CALL EBAY

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

http://www.wikihow.com/Buy-from-eBay-With-eBay-Gift-Cards

Someone said there are some numbers on the back you have to scratch off?

why does anyone buy eBAY gift card when you can just use Paypal? 

Login to Me Too

Temp20240126H
New Community Member

To answer your question.... Speaking for myself. I bought the ebay giftcard because it was suppose to be easier than trasfering the cash that I had to my account.... 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.