buying an item on eBay and have it sent as a gift to someone at a different address.

mark93
Contributor
Contributor

How do I buy an item on ebay and have it sent to a different address other than my account because it is a gift to someone at a different address?   Do I need to make paypal changes as well ebay changes regarding the address and then change them back to my address after the transaction?  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you should be able to add many shipping address to your PAYPAL account,thesse days whether the addr is confirmed or not does not matter,all you need to do is to ship to the address in the Paypal notice to get seller protection.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Adding the address to your account won't always help because you won't be able to confirm it with a credit card on file with your account. During checkout, you should be able to supply any address you want to as long as the seller hasn't specified "ship to confirmed address only." Unfortunately, if that's the case the only way around it would be to contact the seller directly to explain your scenario in hopes that they'll agree and adjust their payment requirements for you to complete that checkout.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

mark93
Contributor
Contributor
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you should be able to add many shipping address to your PAYPAL account,thesse days whether the addr is confirmed or not does not matter,all you need to do is to ship to the address in the Paypal notice to get seller protection.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
As long as Seller Protection is indeed eligible on the order, but wouldn't the confirmed/unconfirmed address still be one of the variables involved with whether or not it's covered?
Login to Me Too

mark93
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.  I am still working on it.   

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@angelleye wrote:
As long as Seller Protection is indeed eligible on the order, but wouldn't the confirmed/unconfirmed address still be one of the variables involved with whether or not it's covered?

No,confirmed address used to be a requirement for seller protection,not any more,it phases out years ago,seller must ship to the address in the payment notice.

This is same with AMZN ,if you want to send a gift,just add the recipient address to your shipping addr in your AMZN account.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

@Whac-A-Mole wrote:

@angelleye wrote:

No,confirmed address used to be a requirement for seller protection,not any more,it phases out years ago,seller must ship to the address in the payment notice.

This is same with AMZN ,if you want to send a gift,just add the recipient address to your shipping addr in your AMZN account.

Hmmm...I know they made it so that it's not as strong of a variable as it used to be, but I'm pretty sure it's still part of their algorithm that decides whether or not the transaction will be covered.  Either way, you can certainly add the address and select it during checkout, and as long as it's shown as Eligible on the seller's end they'll ship it no problem.

Login to Me Too

mark93
Contributor
Contributor

mark93
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.