When will payments be released from "on hold?"

Vaxious
Contributor
Contributor

I sold this playstation store card but I sent it via eBay message because I'm not really good with shipping items. It was an extra card I had and I didn't want it. The person's address was from puerto rico but on paypal it says confirmed. His account info also matched his eBay info. He also had around 23 feedback but only 1 was within the past year. His account was created in 2012 so I assumed he was legit. I sent the code, a few hours later I sent him a message asking if he has received it and he replied yes. I check the code and it's used so everything is fine. I've received the payment before I sent the code but when I check the hold date on paypal, it says "Try Later." I sold another card and it has a date of April 27th. Did I get scammed or is something else wrong? Oh also even though his address was confirmed, his paypal was unverified which I didn't find out until about now. I believe for shipping I put like 1-3 business days and I assume it's like 21 calendar days until I'll receive full control of the payment. Also on ebay, the second sale shows the date my funds will be available. The sale I'm worried about doesn't show that and it's not even under the pending funds tab on ebay.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

there is no Paypal seller protection for digital goods,if he files item not received,you lose.

but he is not complaining,so you should mark the item shipped and wait .

some sellers would mail a thank you note with a piece of candy with tracking so he can prove he has shipped with tracking,cost is $2.61 for first class light weight item

Login to Me Too

Vaxious
Contributor
Contributor

So what happened is that the second buyer who I wasn't skeptical about was actually the one who used the code and opened a dispute for "Unauthorized Claim." They are refusing to communicate and they just scammed me.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

well,you decide to accept payment via paypal,so thats what it ends up-dispute.

it is like taking candies from babies.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Vaxious wrote:

So what happened is that the second buyer who I wasn't skeptical about was actually the one who used the code and opened a dispute for "Unauthorized Claim." They are refusing to communicate and they just scammed me.

since you cannot prove with online viewable tracking from a commercial carrier to show it has been delivered to his address on file,you lose.

time andtime again,sellers decide to takea  chance and sell digital.virtual goods,vehicles,real estate,massage,haircut,no seller protection.

some scammers know how to cheat,they know better than you and me,there is this case this morning,seller built a shed,buyer paid via friend and family,well no dispute right?

Buyer file unauthorised transaction with his cc issuer,he gets no seller protection from Paypal as it is friend and famliy,even if he does accept under goods and services,he cannot prove he has print a shipping label for  the shed with  online tracking. 

Login to Me Too

ArgenisGonzalez
Contributor
Contributor

For physical goods item you will mark them as shipped so that u can get them faster. For goods and services items you will mark them as processed so you can receive them quicker. Keep in mind NOT shipping an item is the best & easiest way to scam a seller. However, if a buyer does this too much, they lose the ability to use PayPal ever again.

Login to Me Too

Reeldude2000
Contributor
Contributor

this is from another user how experienced the same thing!! 

Daniel <removed>  

I am having the same problem. According to their online info on when you can get your money, they assert that you can get it faster if you use eBay’s automatic shipping label-generator with US Postal Service tracking number. Once the USPS records the item as delivered Paypal says your money should be released three days thereafter. Bull****! It’s been a week and my funds are still “pending!” I used their contact link to ask why and all I got was a form response that repeats the info I already red…er, read on their site! Based on other users here, I’m not betting even odds that it’ll help when I get positive feedback from the buyer.

This policy undoubtedly affects eBay users who are trying to sell stuff to raise dough, who have little cash on hand but have inherited a lot of stuff. You can’t pay bills with “pending” money!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

new seller hold,old seller coming back from hiatus,selling outside your price range,bad seller eating too many disputes,risky highly sought after items,both Ebay and Paypal can hold and hold ,3-7 days after DC shows delivered,to 21 days or even more.

if you are a good honest seller,call Ebay and ask them to start releasing some payments.

as for shipping,you can ask Ebay to release 15-35/per payment  for shipping  

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

feed backs mean very little,they have 180 days to file dispute/chargeback with cc issuer or Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.