When do "pending" funds from Ebay sales *actually* get finalized?

Szkar_Carol
New Community Member

I didn't know there was such a long hold on funds from Ebay sales until after the fact, and now I am just frustrated with how vague the terms seem to be. I shipped the item in less than 24 hours, marked it as shipped and entered my tracking information as directed, and the package has in fact already been delivered, but estimated availability date for the funds has not moved up at all. The help topics available specify "within three days of confirmed delivery," but my date is still weeks away even though delivery already happened. If the buyer leaves feedback or something, would that change things, or is all the "get it sooner" stuff just kind of BS?

Just wondering if anyone actually has first-hand experience to draw upon since it seems like, despite all of the explanations about how it should be sooner, I'll be waiting the full period. Just annoying, because I was already leery of selling on Ebay due to all the fees. If I had realized they'd also hold it over my head for a month, I never would have decided it was worth the hassle.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Szkar_Carol

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for new sellers.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
This is the new seller hold that every single seller on Ebay has or will go through.
Also Ebay feedback has no bearing on payment release. Normally for the Ebay hold its when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days if you use Ebay / paypal postage.

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/payments-and-fees/funds-availability.html

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

call Ebay and ask them to release the hold,it may work.

There are just too many scams on Ebay and Paypal

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

ebay gives buyer 30 days to file dispute,Paypal and credit card give 180 days,sometimes a chargeback can come in after one year.

Many Ebay buyers are resellers,on or off internet and they dont have time to examine each item immediately or if they cant sell your item,they will make up some excuse to return them,some could have lost his job and go down the credit card statement and see how he can skip some items,some are looking for freebies.

Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Szkar_Carol  New Buyers and Sellers have limits put on their accounts and likewise eBay - PayPal hold funds early in a Seller's career.  I can guarantee you that in time the $$ will flow much quicker but eBay does like to see new sellers gain experience.  You simply have to keep doing what you are doing BUT one thing you might consider is using eBay - PayPal to print your labels.  First you get a discount on the postage for Priority Mail and First Class ... additionally, eBay & USPS have a special shipping choice called Parcel Select which is a lower cost option for larger packages going longer distances, like coast to coast.  But there is no discount on that BUT the Buyer sees a lower shipping cost which can enhance sales.  The other advantage to using their label service is the tracking number is automatically uploaded to the item for you. 

You may want to also consider selling some low cost items to increase your Feedback score and activity which all goes in to getting the $$ to be released sooner for you. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.