Using eBay bucks forces slow eCheck for the difference

zmarty
Contributor
Contributor

I just got off a call with PayPal support and I want to complain about an idiotic policy.

I used eBay bucks to pay for a product and I paid the remaining difference ($0.18!!) using PayPal.

Since eBay bucks are considered a "voucher" PayPal makes me pay this 18 cents difference using an extremely slow eCheck through my linked debit account, instead of either a) Getting funds from my PayPal balance or b) Using any of the multiple credit cards I have linked to my account.

The support person said this is the policy. Look, I understand PayPal and eBay are now separate companies but I hope they still communicate with each other.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

nest time review the payment sources carefully before confirming the order,then you  dont have to go thru the slow echeck for 18 cents.

Login to Me Too

zmarty
Contributor
Contributor

It's been 24 hours since PayPal sent me an e-mail that the eCheck cleared, yet the eBay account shows the payment still pending. I have searched online and this is happenning periodically. This is another bug and eBay and PayPal should really talk to each other because it is causing a lot of confusion between buyers and sellers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.