Unjust Paypal Solution,  Received an item not as Described, PayPal forces me to Pay for Shipping

DimCost42
New Community Member

Greetings to all

I tried to work out things with a specific seller.

In the end after waiting for many days I received the an item/drone that malfuctions, is not as described and the only thing that the seller offers is to receive a partial refund of 12$ for an item that I cannot do anything at all.I want to return the item and get a full refund.

Since I received a malfuctioned product or an item is not as described seller is obliged to pay for the return shipping charges or offer a return shipping label as mentioned in eBay rules & regulations here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/return-item.html

In which page it clearly states

"If you're returning an item because it isn't as described in the listing, the seller is responsible for return shipping charges, regardless of the seller's return policy. "

Also the seller at first sent the item to a wrong country/address and because I did not want to wait anymore I kindly requested to cancel the order and the only solution the seller offered is to send another drone/item over of 10 times.

After opening a PayPal claim (not eBay claim) and escalating the case to Paypal

I received the following message from Paypal:

After careful review, we have determined that you are eligible for a refund. To qualify for this refund, please ship the items whose claims were granted back to the seller in their original condition and keep your tracking information. You are responsible for shipping and handling costs.

I cannot undestand, why I am responsible for shipping and handling costs? 
I received a defective item, did I do anything wrong for trusting an eBay item and in the end it is defective?

And since eBay rules & regulations state the following about Shipping Charges for Defective items

"If you're returning an item because it isn't as described in the listing, the seller is responsible for return shipping charges, regardless of the seller's return policy."

Is this fair? 

Also Paypal offeres only the two following options: 

• Provide tracking information.
  • Cancel claim.

Shouldn't at least provide me a third option, to contact Paypal first?

Is there any alternative solution? 

Can I somehow contact Paypal and chat with them over instant messaging or email?

I can't speak over the phone because my speaking is not good

What can I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is an Ebay transaction,always file with Ebay first.

For domestic (USA) order not as described,seller pays return shipping ,ebay will send you a return shipping label to use for return.

But it sounds like you are in a foreign country,Ebay cannot print a foreign shipping label,but it expects the seller to refund your shipping or pay for your shipping.

There is no way to force the seller to do so.

YOU CAN try filing on Ebay and see what happens,but your Paypal case would be closed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.