Unfair decision of Paypal for item description dispute

nickbtrs
Contributor
Contributor
A case has been opened from a buyer for inaccurate description of a collectible silver lighter (http://www.ebay.com/itm/162278504646) The first letter below is my first response to the case: Dear Paypal Ebay user contanted me on 21 Nov 2016 via personal message to express interest about the item which is a rare collectible lighter and to ask for details. I happily engaged in communication with the buyer and provided all requested such as detailed images of the 925 hallmark on the item, brand and item info (despite that the brand has closed many years ago) all to my best knowledge. We exchanged over 13 messages,providing many details and was available extremely fast to each end every of his messages. The buyer then made some strange requests asking not to use expedited shipping,complete transaction outside ebay, indicated particular product price customs declaration on the shipping information of the item. I ask him to complete the sale through ebay and agreed to his shipping preferences with intention to help him. The payment was completed and so was the shipping via UPS International within handling time. The item was received by him today 28 Nov 2016 and exactly when he got it he filed a dispute and claim to paypal lying about not accurate description item. In parallel he contacted me and saying that his problem was not the description but that 2 parts of the item (bottom cap and top metal arm) were not marked as 925 and he wanted to return it.I extensively explained to him that his demand was unreasonable and no lighter even most expensive are entirely of silver but have parts that are silver-plated. Also that its value is not the price of the precious metal containing but was sold as a collectible clearly mentioned in the sale. The item was sold as a personal collectible with no returns as I am not a company,done everything correctlly. I spent a lot of money for special shipping of this item its nature of flamable made it extremely difficult to send and this is not a fair situation to be blackmailed from lies to paypal asking in private unreasonable things about it. The buyer knew every detail about the item and any lack of knowledge on buying such items and asking unreasonable things is not something I have the responsibility. I request that you cancel this dispute/claim procedure the soonest possible in order for my payment to be released as it is not fair for me to go into this procedure from a lie and this is proved by the attached messages sent from the buyer through Ebay communication and which I have already attached to the resolution center case attachments. Thank you I remain available for any additional information or clarification you may need. Kind regards The second letter is my second response after the decision for a return of the item: Dear Paypal Your decision is that the item was not accurately decribed. I totaly dissagree and I would like to know the evidence that you were based on, and demonstration of similar items properly described on Ebay. I believe that my listing was accurate and similar with thousand if other listings of collectibles on Ebay with very detailed images and personal messages to the buyer. It is unfair to judge my listing in such way as Ebay has thousands of collectible silver lighters and none of them describes the material of its screws or other parts of it as silver-plating for them is obvious and such knowledge is possible only if you melt/destroy its parts. The tank of the lighters cannot be entirely of silver and I never claimed such thing. Also I have not seen any listing describing the amount of sterling silver but just mentions it slong with its hallmark. The item was sold as a collectible item and there is no way to provide the information demanded by the buyer unless you destroy the item and it ceases to be a collectible anymore. With your logic anybody can buy collectible items which dont describe exactly its metal alloy details of their screws and dispute the buy ask to return them despite the Ebay policy. My opinion is that the buyer with such behavior prooves his lack of knowledge on such collectible items should not had made the buy in the first place and this situation is entirely the buyers fault. I would like your reply on the above facts and reconsideration of the dispute. As I will pass this case to Ebay support for consultation as well to evaluate the description and communication quality . Also as the item is a collectible the no returns option was set for a purpose because transport and such handling from anybody like this buyer as examining its metals (probably taking it apppart) has effects on its state. I at least demand that in case that the return procedure is immediate that the initial shipping expences from me to the buyer to be deducted from the refund as this is situation definitely not my mistake. Kind regards This is unfair treatment and renders useless all seller protection on Ebay.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

cindy88
Contributor
Contributor
I am experiencing the same thing . PayPal always flavored buyer with "item not as described" The refunded amount to buyer is even higher than the amount i sold. It is just so unreasonable. My items totally 100% match the description!!!!!
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@nickbtrs-

Paypal and Ebay have not seen the item,the fair way to handle this is ask the buyer to return the item and seller will refund in full.

you have your lighter back to fight another day and he can go shopping for his dream lighter .

so it is intl shipping,he will have to  pay for return shipping.

if this is an Ebay dispute and you have a no return policy,the buyer if he wins,do not have to return the lighter,as Ebay figures no return means you dont want it back.

so stick with Paypal,or offer a partial refund.

or justlet him ship it back,you lose original shipping 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.