Unclaimed payment

temp201808261l
Contributor
Contributor

Recently made a $250 dollar purchase on ebay.  Paid immediately, but the seller hasn't accepted my payment.  There is an option to cancel the payment.  I've also found that the recipients email address is unregistered.

What steps should I take?  Asked for a cancellation but the seller has remained dead silent.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Cancel the payment but it may take a few days to go back to your funding source.

If the seller starts an unpaid item dispute on ebay then respond with the transaction id of the failed payment.

Leave appropriate feedback to warn other buyers and buy elsewhere.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Cancel the payment but it may take a few days to go back to your funding source.

If the seller starts an unpaid item dispute on ebay then respond with the transaction id of the failed payment.

Leave appropriate feedback to warn other buyers and buy elsewhere.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

temp201808261l
Contributor
Contributor

Appreciate it.  Didn't know if it was safe for me to cancel or not.

Login to Me Too

Silvermoon568
New Community Member

I have encountered the same issue with someone. Does this mean they just do not have a paypal account? And is my purchase secure and still guarnateed by Paypal or Ebay? I have to drive 5 hours to pick up the item, I would hate to get scammed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.