Trying to close an open item dispute in the resolution center.

S-A1
Contributor
Contributor

HI,  I opened a dispute and after many weeks I finally received the items.  I would like to close the dispute so the seller could get his money but it won't let me.  It says invalid transaction when I click cancel case.  Should I just wait for paypal to review it?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

A_TeaMz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There,

If You For What Ever Reason DONT Receive Any Items Bought On eBay, Please Open A Case Through eBay First & Let PayPal Be Your Last Resort As It Will Be Much Easier To Resolve & Close A Case On eBay. As For PayPal, You Will Need To Go To Yor Resolution Center & Go To Case Reports/Open Cases & Choose The Correct One. You Will Then Choose The Option 'Cancel Case' or 'This Case Has Been Resolved' Which Ever One. The Case Will Then Close & It CAN NOT Be Reopened! However, If Your Encountering Errors, Please DO NOT Wait Until PayPal Makes A Decision As Most Likely You Will Get Refunded Since Your Under The Buyer Protection Plan. If The Seller Sees That You Were Refunded Then He/She Can Always Appeal With Proof of Documents & You May Receive A Strike On Your Buyer Protection Plan & Possibly Lose That Option Meaning You Wont Be Able To Open ANY Future Cases & PayPal Wont Help You When It Comes To Buying. So What You Would Want To Do Is Call PayPal By Going To The Bottom Left Corner & Choose 'Help and Contact' Then Choose 'Call Customer Support' Then Call The Correct Number & Provide The Code Assigned To You To Fasten Your Service & Simply Explain To Them That The Case Has Been Resolved & The Money Belongs To The Seller & They Will Close The Case On Their End! Hope I Helped Solve Your Inquiry!

Login to Me Too

S-A1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your answer but I have gone into the resolution center and clicked cancel case, then clicked I have received items but then it says this action is not valid.  I would hope at this point the paypal would check the tracking information before refunding my money to confirm that I finally received the items?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal would not review your case unless you or seller asks them to step in.

Login to Me Too

S-A1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I did ask them to help but it says paypal is reviewing the case and will respond on 3/14?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if Paypal is reviewing your case,then neither party can upload any new data unless Paypal asks for them.

since tracking shows delivered,then the money would be released back to the seller,3/14 is just an estimate,robot will roam the site and check the status of cases .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.