Terrible description, returned, I pay for return shipping?

cbro
Contributor
Contributor

So I bought an item from a seller, seller said it was basically in "mint," condition and it was not so I decided to return immediately after I opened it. Seller agreed w/o a fight to offer a refund but I'd have to do return shipping. Problem is, in ebay listing, it said standard shipping and seller sent via USPS priority flat rate which is 7.15 cents. So now, I have to pay 7.15 to return an item that I bought under false pretenses? Is this normal? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Is seller sending you a return label via Ebay?

If so,then it would be charged to her seller account once it is scanned at the post office 

Login to Me Too

cbro
Contributor
Contributor
When I opened the email saying to print the label, nothing shows up. He said in the refund notes he would not pay for shipping. I decided I'd just dish out the 2.71 for 1st class and forget about it. I wish I could leave a negative feedback but it is what it is. At least I have tracking.
Login to Me Too

ArgenisGonzalez
Contributor
Contributor

Hi cbro,

You technically were NOT suppose to pay for shipping on this one but consider this as a lesson learned as we all learn from our mistakes. I will explain to you what to do IF there is a next time & you end up in this situation again. So if an item is not recieved or arrives damaged or is missing some parts or a wrong item is sent, kindly let the sellers know & file a return & agree on a full refund or a partial refund. It will be up to the seller if they want the item returned back to them. IF your item arrived damaged then the seller is required to pay for the return shipping & NOT the buyer! What you should have done is called eBay at (866)-540-3229 & speak with the resolution department. From there, they will give you a special eBay shipping label that they will pay for & then debit the seller for it. Keep in mind that no matter what shipping method the sellers use, eBay returns are always returned back by standard shipping. So yea you paid for the return shipping this time but, dont worry as i hope this information i provided to you helped you just in case there is a next time. Best of luck to you & have a good one! ~AG.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.