Seller wants to refund from another account

insomnia666
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase for two items from the same seller and I didn't receive them. The seller offered refund and asked if I could return the money if I receive the package in the future. Of course, I agreed with that. 

However, in the last message he wrote he couldn't issue a refund because Paypal was freezing his funds and he no longer can send the money. He offered to send the money from another Paypal account he uses, and after that I should close the dispute. 

I don't know why but I'm a bit suspicious - is this is some kind of scam? Please advise me what to do, thank you. 🙂 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@insomnia666

Well it would not be a refund and even if he used the friends / family option there is a risk he could do a chargeback.

So i would tell him that if your original payment to him is on hold then he can contact customer services and aks them to release the held funds back to you.

If he does not do that then i would go via the dispute route for non receipt of item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@insomnia666

Well it would not be a refund and even if he used the friends / family option there is a risk he could do a chargeback.

So i would tell him that if your original payment to him is on hold then he can contact customer services and aks them to release the held funds back to you.

If he does not do that then i would go via the dispute route for non receipt of item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

insomnia666
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@insomnia666

Thank you very much for the advice, I'll do as you told and hopefully work things out with the seller. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.