Seller blocked me and i want her back

XXtoystoryXX
Contributor
Contributor
Hi u have been there before maybe. You are the one and only bidder for 6 days .at last 5 mins u find out you've been outbid. I couldn't keep up with the amount the bid was climbing to so I let go. Boy was I sad and also mad. My friend from work said the seller has some one do that so they will get more $. I had purchased some vintage angels from her and I noticed they were made recently.not back in the 40s or 50s .it says vintage angels. I was real mad now so I blew up in an email. She told me the angels were from the 70s. I never noticed that vintage includes before 1946 or 1956 to now. I realized I was wrong. But I think EBay should not call these vintage. They shouldn't be mixed in because they look old and they aren't. It's not fair. I don't want angels made at a church fair even though they are lovely. I want the ones actually produced in the 40s or 50s. Anyone agree? Well this woman did not deserve a mean letter from me. I realized it's not her fault. Its ebay. But now she won't let me bid on any of her things. I've tried to apologize. Gave excellent feedback .I am so sorry but I guess I'm banned. Its never happened to me before.what can I do? Thanks for any help.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@XXtoystoryXX

A seller can block any bidder that they don't want to sell to.

And I don't think you can accuse someone of bidding up the price just because you did not win it.

Most bidders bid in the last few seconds of an auction. I just bid once and bid the max i am happy to pay at about 5 seconds left of the auction.

Sometimes I win and sometimes someone that has bid earlier but had a higher max wins, its the way it goes.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Some buyers use swiping software,they set it so it will bid for them at the last minute.

vintage on EBay is loose term,anything not made today is vintage,and antique,anything looks old and worn and torn and dirty is antique.

Just kidding but anything more than 5-10 years old can be vintage.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.