Scammed by <removed> New Castle, DE <removed>

MervinsOnlineID
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold an item through eBay to this address. About a month later, the person filed a non receipt claim. The USPS tracking information confirms that it was deleivered. I did some research just to see where this addres was and to my surprise, it has been used by scammers dating back to 2014. What is PayPal doing about this? 

So okay. I got scammed. Does PayPal have my back? Nope. After providing proof of shipping, even pictures of the parcel before i shipped it, the scammer won the case. I even provided links to many sites that confirms this such as <removed> and <removed>

To make matters worse, PayPal won't even let me appeal the decision.  I keep getting the following error "You did not enter a Tracking Number. Please enter a Tracking Number and then click Save".  It won't even let me remove the tracking. I feel helpless at this point. 

paypal.jpg

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

Nathan007
New Community Member

Hi,

The same shipping address I need to ship.

Before I started to ship the item to this address, I googled and found it is a scamming address, so I canceled the transcription and refunded.

Hope you have already solved this problem.

Best,

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if all your sellers report to Ebay of this buyer,there is a button on the listing which said report this buyer/person,Ebay will eventually suspend him as a buyer as he becomes a hazard to Ebay seller community.

he can sell,but not buy.

It happens to a lady in rural Mexico,buying cheap trinklets for a few dollars and seller ship with no tracking,they were stolen or missing,she filed too many cases,and EBAY booted her out as a buyer.

Login to Me Too

nycnyc1
Contributor
Contributor

After reading about this address and seeing dates as far back as 2016 - I am assuming paypal and ebay are ignoring this scam so as they are still getting paid - the address should be flagged and closed for good. These scumbags use stolen credit cards or on expensive items claim product not in box or not product purchased etc - They just tried to scam me on a 2500 leather coat - good thing I'm street smart and smelled that crap a mile away - it was my first time using ebay and paypal the stolen goods scammers haven sites

fangzhao1025 was his tag line - same **bleep** address in Delaware 

Login to Me Too

thecorpsshop
Contributor
Contributor

• Purchase Date: 2016-12
  • Name: <removed>
  • Username: <removed>
  • Email: <removed>
  • Phone: <removed>
  • Address: <removed>
  • IP address: <removed>
  • Store: other
  • Payment: Credit Card
  • Category: Everything Else
  • Details: buyer made 3 attempts to pay by credit card. 3 different numbers before a successful transaction. Customer purchased unusual QTY of small high-value items. 8 x headlamps / flashlights & 5 multi-tools. Searched address and there are numerous scam reports for the shipping address under different names and email addresses.
  • Cancelled transaction, did not ship goods.

Login to Me Too

polarbear_hk
New Community Member

This address is actually used by a logistic company which act as a proxy to receive pacakages for people who is not residing in US but wanna buy goods that is delivered only within US. The first name of the receiver is the identifier used by the company to distinguish the real receiver of the packages. Try to contact that company and they are willing to verify if the package is safely arrived at their office.  They have a 800 number.

Login to Me Too

JDuffInc
Contributor
Contributor

It looks as though they have progressed. We just got a call that goods were charged and sent to this address on a stolen card from a woman in Canada. They went though our shopping cart site, we followed up with a shipping charge via phone. They added some of our apparel and promo items to make it look more legit. I guess they want to advertise who they stole from... 😕

Login to Me Too

okayyleah
New Community Member

Its Okay I grabbed all his credit card information and used all his money off his card for you

Login to Me Too

JimmyPA
Contributor
Contributor

Just got an attempted scam using this same address.

Listed a very high priced computer, sold in less than a minute to an account with 700ish positivie feedback. Paid right away. Then emailed me from a different ebay account with 0 feedback asking me to ship to this alternate reshipper address instead.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You should report him to Ebay,this is an address where someone directed all his electronics goods he purchased on Ebay,I heard he would remove parts for his own use.

Login to Me Too

sca7

Another scammer from Ukraine tried to scam me out of a graphics card using this address.

This scammer will pay and a month later put in a despute for both eBay and paypal saying the product was not as described. After you are forced to accept the return they will try to send a empty package. Do not accept this package from the post office or you will lose the case.

<removed>

It is recommeded to cancel all transactions from this address.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.