Ripoff seller

dirving
New Community Member

I ordered a large toolbox ($791) from RECTANGO LLC back in June. Told my wife what I had done, she said 'cancel it, I already got you one for Father's Day'. I cancelled. Maybe 5 minutes had passed.

Rectango says I never cancelled and went ahead and shipped it. It came to my house and I refused it. It has been over 60 days and they have yet to issue a credit, and now PayPal has these annoying people calling my house for payment. I'm now afraid if I sell something on ebay that paypal will use the proceeds to fund the false debit.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if the merchant has not issued you a credit ,why should Paypal has someone  asking for $$?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hi dirving - 

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community! I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble with this purchase. 

I'm with sumiko, as I'm not quite sure why PayPal would be calling you for payment. However we should probably focus on trying to get you a refund, huh? 🙂

Have you filed a non-receipt dispute on this payment? If not, I would suggest doing that - you can find the instructions for that here. The reason you'll want to file that dispute is because the seller would be unable to provide tracking showing the item was delivered to you. In that case, it's very likely that you'll win! Or, in a better case scenario, they'll see the case and realize they need to issue you a refund. Either way, a dispute is the way to go.

I hope that helps! If there are any other questions, please let us know.

- Andy

Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@dirving  First & foremost, read @PayPal_Andy 's reply, he is direct with PayPal.  For future reference Buyers cannot cancel a purchase on eBay, only the Seller can.   You can message the Seller through eBay messaging with a polite message and formally requestion the cancellation and just that.  don't try to create a story just state you need to cancel the order.  The Seller does NOT have to honor the request but by using eBay Messaging your request is on file.  If they ship anyway then you can process a return claim in either eBay's Resolution Center or PayPal's (but not both at the same time).  However, you would have to pay the return shipping.

It may have been easier to return the one your wife purchased if she bought it locally, then the one you purchased through eBay ... just a thought.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.