Refunded payment for an undelivered item which was delivered

clairvoyant89
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I've had an issue with two eBay/PayPal transactions. Both of the items were sent to Italy, different addresses. Both of the items were delivered with a delay, the buyers opened cases and received the refunds. One even left a negative feedback for an undilivered item.

Basically, what eBay told me is they cannot do anything to return my money. 

A. The items were sent, I've paid the shipment 

B. The items were delivered late, due to a delay on the Italian post (perfectly clear from the tracking info). 

I've tried emailing the buyers. One did not even bother to reply, the other one said he doesn't know how to make a refund on a PayPal transaction. Since a refund of an amount that was already refunded is not possible, I asked him to send the same amount to my account again. He did not bother to do that. 

I've lost out a total of about 50$, which is a huge amount for me knowing I have thousands in student debt, I was hoping to find out if there is a way to ask PayPal to review the decisions on those transactions somehow... eBay is refusing to do anything because the items were received later than their deadline for an appeal... 

Thank you in advance for your assistance! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Some countries postal system is just not so efficient,Italy is one,some have customs delay and theft,Brazil and Mexico.

You either have to use faster method of delivery or take out insurance,but you have done either.

I have read that some sellers asked for extension and granted extra 10 days,but in your case it is too late.

for the person who said he does not know how to refund,you can send him a payment request,word it in such tone like he has received the item so he must pay.It helps if you provide proof showing so.

For the missing package,may be call USPS 1-800-inlt customer service,I dont know if USPS will compensate you according to weight,you can ask. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.