Refund not received

naultsteven
New Community Member

Hey I made a purchase online to sears and paid with my paypal. My husband bought the exact same product in store for less, so I returned it in the store. The guy in the store said they had to credit my paypal because that was how I paid. 2 months later I have still not received the money. I have gone into sears and they show me how it went through. I have called paypal and they opened a claim, then told me I lost. Whatever that means. I don't know who to call or what to do. Everytime I call paypal I feel like I'm telling the story 6 times and they still don't understand. The opened the case as if I said I never received the merchandise, but I tryed to tell them no I returned it in store and have a receipt to prove it and the receipt says credited to paypal and I do not have a credit to my paypal account. Does anyone know what to do next.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It sounds like  SEARS reverse the transaction and the credit is not showing up in your Paypal account.

It  is likely it goes back to Paypal but somehow it does not get credited to your account ,see we are subaccounts within paypal account,only Paypal know who we are,rest of the world know nothing about us.

as far as Sears is concerned,they issue a credit and it goes to Paypal.

their job is done.

now you are not the only one who h as this problem,years ago I used my paypal business debit card at HD and it goes back to paypal and I never receive it   .

there are folks who use bank fund and they never see it,there are overseas folks in philipines and Vietnam,they never find the money in their b ank account,the bank said they never receive the money so there is a black hole somewhere.

Paypal opens a claim,for what?

that you did not recieve the item,but you did ,Sears probably upload tracking to show it has been delivered,so you lose.

next time,use a credit card,do not use Paypal fund 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.