Refund from ebay without having a paypal account

katie_manson
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, i recently purchased an item from an account on ebay that was compromised, i opened a dispute and won. I saw that ebay issued a refund for my purchase to pay pal, but i did not paid for the item through paypal but with a credit card. Customer support on ebay explained that pay pal has created an account for me in order to protect my money.

My question is how i will recieve my refund now ?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I have never heard of PAypal opening an account for someone without her permission,Ebay rep is going the same way as Paypal rep,CLUELESS.

But use your Ebay email address and try to log into paypal and see if an account has indeed been open for you .also check your cc statement,your refund should show up in 7 days.

Login to Me Too

katie_manson
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, i loged in with the same account/info but nothing happend. Here is a the chat with ebay customer support "05:01:08 UTC Christine I could see that a credit/debit card payment was made for this transaction but we do not allow credit/debit card payments as of now while completing eBay checkout. 05:01:12 UTC Christine This is the reason when you select 'Credit/Debit card' at the time of making payment, system creates a guest PayPal account so that your payment can be covered if something goes wrong with the transaction. 05:01:16 UTC Christine When you make the payment on eBay using a Card, it takes the PayPal as a gate way and creates a guest PayPal account for you in order to make sure that we can protect you in any unforeseen situation. 05:01:20 UTC Christine The refund will go to the original transaction account which is your PayPal guest account. The refund will not go to your bank account directly. 05:01:23 UTC Christine I would strongly recommend that you get in touch with the PayPal customer support and ask them to confirm your PayPal guest account with the PayPal transaction. 05:01:30 UTC Christine You can contact PayPal directly by going to 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any PayPal page. You can also copy this link into a new browser window: https://www.paypal.com/gb/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/home/ PayPal's opening hours are: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 9:00 pm Saturday 9:00 am to 9:00 pm Sunday 05:02:22 UTC cathleenleemanson9 but i paid with credit card 05:02:36 UTC cathleenleemanson9 and never made a paypal account 05:03:00 UTC Christine Yes, however the refund is in PayPal that's why you need to contact PayPal for you to get your refund. 05:03:15 UTC cathleenleemanson9 what information do i need ? 05:03:32 UTC Christine You can just provide the item number so that they will help you to this issue. 05:03:44 UTC cathleenleemanson9 okay thank you :)"
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Good luck to you,you can always write it off as a tax loss on your return.

now back to my morning Joe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.